Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Searchpage Viruses
Startpage Viruses

Can the police in Illinois make a 17-year-old come home?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-11-23 03:14:12
2005-11-23 03:14:12

It depends upon the situation, if the parents file a missing persons or runaway report, the police will begin looking for the minor. This is done due to the AMBER Alert law, and other laws that have been enacted in the past few years. Authorities have no way of knowing if the minor left of their own free will or has been taken forcibly. In cases where a minor has left on their own and the parents know where he or she is, they can petition the court for a requisition order to have the minor returned to their custody. This does not apply if a minor leaves the custodial parent's home to live with the non-custodial parent; in such a situation the non-custodial must notify the other parent and/or authorities that the minor child is with them.


Related Questions

Yes, they can return them to their home. If they do not wish to go home, they can be put into the foster care system.

Yes, In New Zealand if you 16 and you run away from home, the police will force you home because you are a minor.

you get in deep trouble and police come after you and put you in a home

No they cannot come into your house with out a warrant unless the have probable cause.

In Chicago, if you leave home at age 17, the Police will not look for you because you are so close to being 18.

If you have custody the child has no choice. The police have the right to come and get them and return them home.

They both have the same authority the difference is that state law enforcement have no jurisdiction in the home state and local police well only in there city or county back to your question state police have more power but state police try not to interfere with local law enforcement They have the same authority, but CPD's jurisdiction ends at the city limits. ISP has statewide jurisdiction.

The laws are different in every state but most likely yes if you are 17 your parents can call the police to return you home, You are not an adult until you are 18.

To come into a home the police need a search warrant to search. Without the warrant the evidence is not admissible in court. It would be an illegal search.

Well, it all depends, at 16 until you're 18, everything is parental consent. You can live with your sister, but if your parents want you home, you have to come home, if you refuse, the police can force you back home. -Katelyn

Yes. Unless you invite them in, they have no right to come into your home regardless of what it is.

If he has died at home, then you would call the police so that the coroner can come and pronounce him.

Yes, consisting that they have reasonable evidence to enter the home under the appropriate legislation, they can enter the home. Once it is evident that parents or carers over 18 aren't home the police will attempt to make contact with them, or arrange to meet, or come round another time. If the police are after the juvenile themselves, depending on their age they may take the person to a police station and arrange for parents to meet at the station.

since you are 18 and going to live with a fiance, then i dobt the police will make you come back home with your parents. since you are 18 and going to live with a fiance, then i dobt the police will make you come back home with your parents.

Illinois has Chicago with its beautiful skyline and is the home of the skyscraper.

Murder in Phoenix Illinois December 20 1996. News Story Police Chief Ronnie Berry of Phoenix Illinois 60426 wife Stephanie Berry Found with Gunshot in basement of home Phoenix Illinois 60426 Ronnie Berry husband sought for questioning.

Older children at the home when police arrive to search . the child can give the police .

Children in the state of Illinois can not be left home alone until the age of 14. When a child is left at home without an adult caretaker in Illinois, the parents or guardian can be charged with child endangerment.

Lincoln's home is in Springfield, Illinois.

I think they can walk the premises but i don't think they can enter your home without a warrant.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.