Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-10-13 22:50:31

No. Civil Courts, with the exception of Immigration courts are limited to legal citizens, aliens and those legally in the country.


Related Questions

yes if you are legally divorced there should be no problem

No, you would have to go and get divorced in that country sorry

Yes, it is illegal to get married if you are not divorced and that would make the person a bigamist.

The illegal immigrant should go back to his or her home country and complete the divorce with his or her spouse. Then you should either get married in that country and apply for a spouse visa, or go visit that country and upon returning apply for a fiance visa and get married in the US after the fiance visa is granted.

Firstly, if the person is married in an another country and has come to a particular country illegally it is surely invalid to marry the person. Another thing, if the person is a citizen of that particular country in which he has married it is his right to first take a citizen of that country in which he is going to marry and then he can marry a person another to his own country.

how would they have gotten married in the first place?

I do not think they can. I doubt that the state (or the country) will recognized the marriage of two illegal immigrants who married in another country. After all as far as the government is concerned "they are not here."

Once you get married and legally change your last name to your husbands, it is your name. Even after a divorce it doesnt have to be changed.

No. Parental permission is sufficient. It doesn't matter if they are married or divorced.

Yes. If you're not divorced then you cannot get legally married to another person until you have divorced your first spouse.

No. That would be illegal! She has been married but is now divorced.

nope because in some countries you you have to marry some one who is just like you

As you were married in New York you can very well get divorced in New York, here the important thing is , you can get divorced in the country you got married, here both fall in the same city.

I'm not sure how a person is 'illegal,' but if the marriage is recognized as legal in the country it was performed in, the US will recognize it as a legal marriage.

No even if you got married in Texas , your marriage will not stand in court, even if you got married in Texas . As your husbands wife has not been divorced your marriage is illegal.

He can be arrested as he is a illegal immigrant and he has got married before waiting for a year aftr getting divorced.

does an illegal immigrant married to a citizens us have to go back to his country to get green card

If you get married in another country, you have to have a ceremony in America. You should get married in the state you live in to meet residency requirements.

YOU DON'T (or move to the persons country)

I think if an alien got married to his cousin, even if they got divorced, that he should be penalized. But, I really no nothing about marriage laws so that is just an educated guess since marrying your cousin is illegal.

A alien legally or illegally to the country can not gain citizenship if they get married to a American they have to apply for citizenship to obtain it. That is the answer to the question because the cirumstances of the question does not exist.

I do not believe that it is illegal for a married man to move in with a woman that is married to a different man. The only law that may apply is if the man decides to marry the woman before either of them get divorced. That is called polygamy, and is illegal in all 50 states.

No. You can only be married to one person at a time, regardless of where you got married. In order to get a marriage license in the US, you have to swear that you are not already married. To lie about that and then get married is called bigamy and it is illegal in the USA.

He can not get legally married to anyone until he is legally divorced from you.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.