Auto Insurance

Can you add your child to your car insurance policy if he is married?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-08-03 19:50:58
2005-08-03 19:50:58

I doubt it. He/she is probably no longer in your household, which is generally the boundary of your policy.

User Avatar

Related Questions

If you add the child as a driver on the policy.

As long as you are a legal guardian then he should be able to be added.

Not necessary- you only add/exclude drivers

Yes, as long as you add her as a regular driver on your insurance policy.

Absolutely; a step child is legitimately a member of a family and can be insured, or can be the beneficary of a family insurance policy, just like a biological child.

In the state of Texas you do not have to list your child on your policy. If living in your home you can enlist a separate policy for that child. If living in another home it is never a requirement to have them on your policy although there are some policies which certain insurance companies write which require the child on your policy while living in your residence.

Cancel the forced insurance policy and add terms and conditions to your homeowner policy.

Yes, you can add your grandson to your car insurance policy. Speak to your insurance broker.

When you get married, and either spouse has children, those children can be added to the policy. If you have a family plan, step children can also be added to a medical insurance policy.

It doesn't really matter if the person is a child or married. You can always add an additional driver on your policy. That, of course, will cost you.

No. Absolutely not. You cannot insure a vehicle that you do not own. The only exemption of this is if the owner and insured are married and live together or a dependent child living at home. Most companies want an adult child to have their own insurance policy even if they live with you. Call your agent and ask to be sure.

yes ,you can add driver's name in your insurance policy.

It really depends on what your insurance policy is.

Add her to your policy, but make her understand this is to help her out, and if she behaves irresponsibly, she on her own for insurance coverage .

This is a question best answered by your insurance agent or a call to your insurance company's 800 customer service phoneline.A bit more:Unless the insurance regulations have changed since I was a licensed auto and homeowners insurance agent: If your child is of legal adult age and not living with you, then no, you don't add him to your policy. Actually, many insurance companies wouldn't allow you to include an adult child (or any other adult) who does not live with you to your auto insurance policy.

Yes, Unless you exclude the Child driver by name. You can reject the addition of your child onto your policy by signing a form 515A and submitting it to your insurer.

Call your insurance company and ask them for the forms you need or what the procedure is to add a child to your coverage.

If you have all the information you need to give the company it shouldn't take more than about a three minute phone call.

All drivers should be listed on your policy to be a covered driver. you should add your child to your auto policy for proper coverage.

Auto Insurance Required for MinorsYes, all drivers are required to carry proof of financial responsibility. The law does not make exceptions for minors. Not only do you "need" to add your child but legally as the guardian, you are "Required" to do so.You can obtain Auto Insurance for your child or you or you can add the child for coverage under the parents or another existing auto policy but all drivers must have coverage.Failure to add a known driver, especially a minor child for which you are already financially responsible is a form of Insurance "Fraud" known as "concealment" and could void all coverages otherwise afforded by your policy. This could leave you "the Parent" owing for all the cost of an accident with no Insurance Policy to pay the bill.Honesty is always the best policy. Contact your Insurance Agent to obtain coverage for your minor child.Happy Motoring.

Depends on your insurance provider. You'll have to contact your agent or the company through customer service to find out what your insurance policy covers. It'll also be on your policy if you have it. Some insurance policies automatically cover infrequent drivers, others only cover primary insured. If your child is a regular driver of the vehicle, you will need to add them to the insurance at additional cost.

It all depends on the insurance company you are with, each is different. In most cases it is cheaper to add a vehicle to existing insurance policy rather start over with another insurance policy.

You probably should tell them. Most people change their beneficiary when they marry. Or add their spouse to a health policy.

You can add your licensed child to your Auto Insurance Plan or you can get the child their own Auto Insurance Policy. The choice is yours but it's usually cheaper just to add them to your existing policy. Your Auto Insurance contract requires that you notify your insurer of any change in household drivers that effect the risk associated with your policy. In any event they must be covered to comply with the law. Bear in mind that all drivers who operate a motor vehicle on public roads are required to maintain proof of financial responsibility at all times. There is no exception of law for a child driver. Additionally if your licensed child is still your minor dependent, then parental responsibility still applies and you are financially liable for their actions. This is why many insurance companies require that they be added as soon as they start driving.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.