Can you audition for Harry Potter movies if you are Swedish?
In an interview, Rowling explained how it wouldn't be very practical to put an American actor or other foreign actor when the character is British.
Even if she did allow it. It costs a lot of money to fly actors in and keep them living here. It would be cheaper for them to use British actors anyway.
There are no more auditions for the Harry Potter films as filming has been completed.
There have been some exceptions;
- Stanislav Ianevski who played Viktor Krum was born Sofia, Bulgaria but his character came from Bulgaria so that made sense.
- Clemence Poesy who played Fleur Delacour was born in French but once again her character was French.
- Zoe Wanamaker who played Madam Hooch was born in America but had been acting in Britain for a long time and her character was an adult which meant it was likely she would travel for work or move country.
- Christopher Columbus - the director of the first two films - put several of his family members into the films. All of them were American however they did not have speaking roles.
- Rade Serbedzija will play Gregorovitch in Deathly Hallows is from Croatia but once again his character is a foreign wand maker who is never shown in Britain in the films.
The first five Harry Potter movies are called: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix There are another three movies after this titled, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2.
There is a seventh Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", that will be made into two movies (i.e., two parts). The movies will be released in 2010, and 2011. There is a seventh Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", that will be made into two movies (i.e., two parts). The movies will be released in 2010, and 2011. There is a seventh Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the…
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Sorcerer's Stone in the U.S. and India) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II All movies on TopRater: toprater.com/en/movies/objects/2341361-harry-potter-and-the-chamber-of-secrets-2002
The majority of roles in the Harry Potter movies were not cast through open auditions, especially the adult cast. Ron, Hermione, Luna and Lavender were some of the characters to be cast through open auditions. If you had an agent and fit the description, then you could be put forward and audition for the role. If not, the only way was to either know somebody involved with the production or to attend an open audition.