Labor and Employment Law
Unemployment Benefits

Can you collect unemployment benefits from Connecticut if you move to New York?

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 25, 2010 9:47PM

If your most recent employer was in CT, and your employer paid unemployment taxes to the state of CT during that employment, then yes, you can collect benefits from CT while residing in ANY state in the US. Check your W-2 statement, and if your employer's state EIN is listed as CT, you're set.