Divorce and Marriage Law

Can you divorce wife if she had baby by someone else?


Wiki User

In California, you are entitled to a divorce based on "irreconcilable differences". A person can seek a divorce for any reason including that they just do not want to be in the marriage any longer. In your case, your wife's infidelity was an extreme breach of your trust. Understandably, you no longer wish to be married to her if she was or is involved with another person who is the father of her child. I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney who specializes in divorce in your state and also to seek individual counseling to deal with the betrayal and your justified anger.

Filing divorce is one part of your situation. The other part is repairing the damage your wife has done so you will be open to a new relationship when the time comes.