Children and the Law
Child Support

Can you get your ex to sign over his parental rights without having to have your current boyfriend adopt your son?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 21:30:20
2015-07-15 21:30:20

It's possible the courts will allow it. However, if you agree to let him to give up his parental rights, then, generally speaking, you also give up your right to pursue him for child support. You need to check the laws in your state.


Related Questions

User Avatar

Miranda's current boyfriend is Nick and is having hard troubles fighting over him with Miley =(

User Avatar

No ! You Are A Minor. Also You Boyfriend Could Get Into Severe Trouble. Like Having Sex With A Minor, Kidnap, Ect. Work It Out. Stay Home

User Avatar

No. Being pregnant/having a child does not emancipate a minor. You can leave home at 18 without parental consent. The only way you can leave prior to turning 18 without parental consent is if you

User Avatar

Legal Age for TattooYou have to be 18 to get one without parental consent. Legal age for Tattoo WITH parental consent.It varies state to state.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.