Divorce and Marriage Law
Child Support

Can you leave the country for an emergency for 10 days if your ex-wife is suing you for child support but you did not get anything in the mail yet?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-05-29 16:13:06
2007-05-29 16:13:06

Pending civil court cases, including child support cases, do not automatically enjoin you from leaving the country, unless there is a specific order restraining you from doing so. Even after you receive something in the mail, unless it says "you are not to leave the country", you can leave the country. You must have lawyers or some legal assistance so it's important that you put in writing why you are leaving the country and when you will be back. As long as you are honest, intend on coming back then there is no reason you can't leave the country. Marcy If there's no warrants or even court orders not to leave, you can go and come as much as your money and proper credentials allow you to.


Related Questions

User Avatar

Yes, if the statute of limitations for such action has not expired.

User Avatar

exwife = אשה לשעבר (ee-SHA li-sheh-ah-VAR)

User Avatar

Only if the divorce settlement stated stated so, then yes.

User Avatar

There is no prohibition against a current wife being in a courtroom when her husband files for Chile support from his ex-wife. However she may not wish to be in the room for personal reasons.

User Avatar

exwife exstudent exteacher

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.