Best Answer

Having a child does not emancipate a person. If you are under the age of 18, you are still a minor, rather you're a parent yourself or not.

It depends upon the laws of the state. In some cases a minor who has a child or is pregnant will be granted emancipation by the court for the purpose of obtaining public assistance. If the minor (and child) cannot reside int he family home for any reason they should contact the Department of Family Services in their city or county of residence for assistance.

User Avatar

Wiki User

βˆ™ 2015-07-15 21:25:03
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

selection process for all federal judges

appellate jurisdiction vs original jurisdiction in federal courts

how did the 14th amendment affect civil liberties in the united states

what term describes the view that only fundamental bill of rights protections should apply to the statesΒ 

See all cards
25 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can you legally move out of your parents' house if you are 17 and have a child?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

When can a child legally move out of his parents house?

With parental consent or by emancipation.

Can you legally move out of your parents house at 16 years old?

Moving out of a parents house at the age of 16 legally, depends on where the person resides. In most states, a child cannot legally move out of a parents home because they are not of the states age of majority. A child can move out at 16 if they are legally emancipated by the courts.

How old does a child have to be in British Columbia to legally move out of his or her parents' house?


What if you are a 16 year old adopted child and want to move out your parents house?

You used the word child. And legally they are a child and the parents decide where they are to live.

How old do you have to move out of your parents house?

You have to be 18 to legally move out of your parents house. However, your parents can sign a form that says that you can leave legally.

Can you move out of your parents house legally at 17?

you can move out at 17 but they are still legally responsible of you

In Texas can a seventeen year old move out of their parents house legally?

A child under the age of 18 cannot move out of their parents' house without the parents' consent. They could petition the court for emancipation.

If you have a child can you move out of your parents house at 17?

Not without parental consent or becoming legally emancipated. Having a child is not an emancipating event.

Can you legally move out of your parents?

A child can legally move out of their parents home when they are of legal age. In most states, the legal age is 18.

Can you legally ask your child to move out of your house if she is not a minor?

if your child is not a minor,then you can ask them to move out.

Are the parents legally responsible if you move out?

If a child is legally emancipated by the court, then the parents are no longer responsible for the child. On the other hand, if the parents simply give the child permission to move out...then that's a different matter entirely.

At what age can a child move out of his parents' home?

18, legally.

People also asked