Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Preteen Relationships

Can you move in with your 20-year-old boyfriend and his parents at 17 and not be emancipated and not be in trouble?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-09-27 19:41:50
2005-09-27 19:41:50

well, that question,u would have to think, and ask your parents or legal Gurdian, that question... and they would be able to tell u if u would get in trouble or not.. Thank You for using

User Avatar

Related Questions

No, you cannot get in trouble. First off, isn't it at the age of 18 or older that you would get in trouble? Also, the only way you can get in trouble is if your boyfriends parents get the cops involved.

If your boyfriend is 18 he can go to jail and if hes not then the police take you back to your parents house whether you like it or not and I think the boyfriends parents get in trouble for letting you stay with them

The age of majority in Ohio is 18, so anyone under that age is considered to be a minor. If you leave home without parental consent then your parents can report you as a runaway. Your boyfriend can get into trouble to. Under Ohio law he could be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child and interference with custody of child under the age of 18.

Well... legally no. You could run away but then get in trouble with the police. Your parents or legal guardian can file you as a runaway and they may go searching for you. If you want to leave your parents/Guardians house you could get emancipated.

You can have your first boyfriend whenever, just as long as your comfortable with it. And your parents should be as well, because if they're not, chances are you won't have a boyfriend without getting in trouble!

Depends what you mean by accident but if your on a about sex then no they don't

Yes, he could have charges brought against him. Until you are an adult, your parents are responsible for you.

No, at 18 you can move out if you want. You are emancipated.

In some states if one of the parents, usually the minor's parents, want to take legal action, then they can and your boyfriend would have to file as a statutory rapist. If none of the parents pursue legal action, then nothing will happen to your boyfriend. Do some research of your own to see your own state laws.

I think that it is ok if you and your 19 year old boyfriend date, as long as nothing happends and if your parents know so he won't get into trouble with the law.

In most jurisdictions you live with your parents until you reach adulthood, usually 18, but could be higher. The other alternative is to get emancipated. If child is emancipated or an adult, then the parents are no longer responsible or liable for the child unless extenuating circumstances apply. ie: mental retardation.

Help your boyfriend and if you cant than you need to tell his parents even if he doesn't think that is the best choice because you love him.

don't have a boyfriend trust me they are nothing but trouble =]

I believe that if you become imancipated, at that point the court sees you as responible enough to live on your own. However if you get into trouble with another minor then, you would be considered contributing to the deliquency of a minor

Possibly. Your parents could press charges on him if they found out. If you love him and don't want him to get into trouble, stop what your doing right now. Good Luck, letosgirl2009

Sure! Isn't it easy to get into trouble?

No. And not only will you get in trouble, your boyfriend will too.

Well if you are worried about getting in trouble, you obviously know your parent won't approve of going out with him, or don't even know about him. I think that you should just talk to your boyfriend in school and when you feel the time is right, tell you parents about him. They shouldn't overreact and ban all boyfriends when you are a teenager. It's natural and they should know that. If they do, they may have had an experience during your age that they regret and they are fearful. Either way, there really is no way to see your boyfriend outside of school without getting in trouble. Your parents were your age before, they know how you think.

In most places you are not yet legally an adult, and cannot sign a contract (such as a lease or rental agreement) until you are eighteen, unless you are emancipated from your parents, and can show so in writing.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.