Asked in
Children and the Law
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

Can you move in with your girlfriend's family while attending school and still be legal if you are 17 and live in the state of Texas?


User Avatar
Wiki User
December 18, 2005 11:01PM

If you leave home without parental consent, then anyone who takes you in can be facing charges for doing so. Texas does have laws against harboring a runaway. There could be other charges that would apply as well.