Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Apartments and Home Rentals

Can you move out and get an apartment at age 17 and a half in Wisconsin?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2007-01-31 03:17:08

This is not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Consult the specific laws for the state and county in which you reside for the rules that apply. In most states, any 18 year old is considered an adult and is capable of deciding when and where they reside. They have the ability to contract for housing. SOME states allow minors to become emancipated under specific circumstances, but this is not just a matter of filling out some paperwork. A minor is the responsibility of their parents until such time as they reach the age of majority or are legally emancipated. The parents are required to provide for the support of their minor children. If the parents give permission, the minor can live in another location. Such permission does not relieve the parents of the responsibility to provide support. If the parents do not give permission, the minor can be considered a runaway. Charges may apply to individuals that aid and abet such runaways, particularly if they are under the age of consent. In some states it is my understanding that this is not enforced for 17 year olds that leave home. If you are subject to abuse, you should contact social services for your area. They will assist you in getting out of the bad environment and into a safe place.

User Avatar

Your Answer


Still have questions?

Related Questions

What's the legal age to sign an apartment lease in Wisconsin?


Legal age you can move out in the state of Wisconsin?


Can you move out at the age of seventeen in Wisconsin?

The answer is yes. Legally, at 17 you may move out of your parents house in Wisconsin. (at the age of 17 with the requirements of having a place to go and a means of support being met.)

Can you move out of your parents house at the age of 17 in Wisconsin?

Not without an emancipation.

What is the youngest age that a minor can move out with parental permission in Wisconsin?

The state's legal age of majority is 18.

How old do you have to be to move out of your parents' house in Wisconsin?

legally, 18 years of age

Is 18 the legal age to move out without parental consent?

In most states 18 is considered an adult. In a few states it is 19 or 21. That means they can move anywhere they want. They are old enough to contract for a lease or rent an apartment. In wisconsin you must have Legal Guardians permission at age 17 or you may emancipate to release you from Guardians Permission.

What age can a minor move out it MA?

I think it should be the age of 16 and a half.

Is 17 and a half legal consenting age in wisconsin?

Nope sorry. The age of consent is 18 there and there is no close in age exemption and "a half" does not even exist in the law. So you just have to wait 6 months.

Can you move out of your parents house at age 17 in Wisconsin?

You would need a legal declaration of emancipation to do this.

What is the emancipation age for state of Wisconsin?

The age of majority in Wisconsin is 18.

In Wisconsin what is the legal age for you to move out from your mother's and live with your father in another state?

eighteen years old.

Is it possible to move to a different family members house at the age of 16 in wisconsin?

Not without parental permission.

Can you move out of the house with your boyfriend at the age of 17 in Wisconsin?

The age of emancipation in Wisconsin is 18 years of age. (880.01(7))For the source and more detailed information concerning your request, click on the related links section ( indicated at the bottom of this answer box.

What is the median age of Wisconsin?

According to, the median age of Wisconsin is 37.9 years of age.

How can you get a girlfriend if your neighborhood is for old people and your school is really small?

You should move out and rent a apartment where there are people your age.

What is the legal age to rent an apartment in Guelph Ontario?

what age do you have to be to rent an apartment in Ontario

What is the minimum age for a governor of Wisconsin?

The minimum age for a governor in Wisconsin is 18.

How old do you have to be to move out?

The legal age, and the legal requirements, vary by state. You can really move out out at any age over 16. The problem is you can't rent or buy your own house or apartment until you are 18.

Can you move out of your house in Kentucky at the age of 17 and move into an apartment with your boyfriend who is 18 without getting into trouble?

If you are within 5 months of turning 18 you can move out and your parnets can't do nothing about it.

How old do you need to be to move out of your parents' house in Wisconsin?

From what I've read you can move out at 17 and emancipation isn't required. You do have to have a steady job and an acceptable place to stay.i heard you can get emancipated at the age of 17 1/2 but i think that's dumb you should be able to get emancipated at the age of 16 at least. But yea as far as i know you can get emancipated at the age of 17 1/2 in the state of Wisconsin. There is no age on emancipation in Wisconsin. You have to be 18 to aquire those rights.

What casinos can you gamble at in Wisconsin at age 18?

In Wisconsin, the legal gambling age is 21 years of age. The only game which you are allowed to play for money in Wisconsin at age 18 is bingo.

Can a teenager move into an apartment without their parents at the age of sixteen in new york city?

Yes, under special circumstances.

What is the legal age to buy a car in Wisconsin?

what is the legal age to buy a car in wisconsin ?

What is the legal age to move out of a parent's house without consent in Texas?

At 18 you may move out legally, without being called a runaway. And while you can work at the age of 16, it is at 18 that you can enter into contracts - such as a lease for an apartment.