Asked in Relationships

Can you put a judgment on an ex-boyfriend who owes you 25 thousand dollars?


User Avatar
Wiki User

You will need to follow due process of law. Which begins with filing a lawsuit in the court of jurisdiction. If you win you petition for a writ of judgment and then execute it against any of his nonexempt property. There is also wage garnishment and bank account levy options. Winning a lawsuit does not automatically mean you are going to get the money owed you.