Child Support
Healthcare Coverage While Pregnant

Can you sue your husband for half the cost of child care if you have been separated for two years and he said he would pay half the cost but has paid nothing?



User Avatar
Wiki User

Most states have a division that collects money from the child's father for you, no charge. If you go to a lawyer and pay for court you'll end up getting little if anything. This way the state takes on the financial obligation and you don't need to. All the benefit with none of the expense. * The grounds for such action must be established before a suit is possible. In most situations this means a child support order must be in force. State social services will not get involved until a support order has been issued by the jurisdictional court. If the issue is child care expenses, then the custodial parent can sue the noncustodial parent if they can prove that their was a verbal agreement that they would share the costs.