Canada in WW2
Children and Divorce

Can your ex-wife take your kid to another state when you have joint custody and you live in Los Angeles?

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 21, 2005 1:16PM

When parents share joint custody major decisions concerning the child(ren) must be agreed on by both. This includes moving the child(ren) out of the state jurisdiction where custody was awarded. Either party can petition the court to allow the move or block the move if it becomes a matter of contention. The court will always renders decisions based on the welfare of the child(ren).