Bankruptcy Law

Components to liability coverage under an auto policy?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-09-18 16:41:18
2008-09-18 16:41:18

Liability Coverage under an auto policy has what components: Medical payments Collision Comprehensive None of these Liability Coverage under an auto policy has what components: Medical payments Collision Comprehensive None of these Liability Coverage under an auto policy has what components: Liability Coverage under an auto policy has what components:

User Avatar

Related Questions

A Garage policy can have many different kinds of coverage added to the policy. You can certainly add coverage for tools and equipment to be covered under the policy.

Not likely. The owners liability coverage is generally an option under the home property insurance policy. I don't know of any insurance company that would sell Liability as a stand alone coverage for a home.

If both properties are insured under the same policy, Yes. If each property is insured separately under a different policy then you will need to contact the insurer of the pertinent property to address liability coverage issues.

Bonding is usually supplied by your business insurance agent under your business liability coverage or sometimes a separate policy.

Coverage A on any homeowners policy includes the dwelling itself. This is the home without including the contents. The coverages under a homeowners policy are as follows: Coverage A: Dwelling Coverage B: Other Structures Coverage C: Contents Coverage D: Loss of Use Also provided under most homeowners policies are liability coverage and medical payments to others.

Damage caused by bordersWith respect to 'building' coverage, the boarders are not 'insureds' (by definition) under the policy. Intentional or negligent damage caused by a household resident are not covered under an owners policy.You could seek coverage from the liability portion of your tenants renters policy.

Yes, under the comprehensive coverage if you have it. No, if it is liability only.

The answer would depend on what type of suit you are concerned with. For example if you are concerned with an employee suing because of wrongful termination or sexual harrassment this is not something covered under a standard unendorsed General Liability Policy. Some General liability policies will cover this but is is usually a defense only coverage and is very minimal. If this is they type of suit you are concerned with you will need to purchase and employment practices liability policy. Some of the policies can be very affordable depending on the nature of the business and the number of employees.

Termites and InsuranceLiability insurance is coverage for occurrences in which you might be held financially liable. It is not possible to be liable to ones self. If your seeking coverage for a Wood Structure or Property you would look to a Homeowners Policy or some other coverage form in Property Lines. If your a Pest exterminator by trade then you may look to a Commercial General Liability policy that will offer you liability coverage for the work or service you perform on premises and completed operations coverage for after the job is done.Pest ExclusionsUnder Section I - Exclusions of your policy, it will explain that there is no coverage for damage due to rats, mice, termites, moths, or other insects (language varies by state), but there IS coverage for ensuing loss due to collapse of the building or any part of the building. Exterminators LiabilityThe only liability for damage due to termites would be found in a warranty policy from a pest-treatment company who has a contract to treat your home at regular intervals and guarantees their work.

Normally it is not covered by a CGL policy. However some carriers can add this coverage by endorsement. The recomendation would be to buy a stand alone professional policy. they normally provide broader coverage. Review the policy carefully as these can be very complicated and are normally written on claims made basis instead of a occurrence form. Make sure you clearly understand the differences or you could be caught without coverage at some point in time.

The easiest way is just to ask them. Bear in mind though that most homeowners insurance policies now exclude coverage for damage and injuries from pets. Fortunately though our mandated ACA compliant health care policy will cover the associated cost and it has no limit and it does not matter how or where the injury occurred. Some homeowners purchase property coverage but do not purchase liability coverage, So there may or may not be coverage for your injury under the homeowners insurance policy. You will have to start a lawsuit and when you do (providing you were bitten by their animal or injured some other way) the lawyer or judge will find out the insurance information during something called disclosure and discovery. In the discovery process your attorney will learn if they have a homeowners insurance policy, if that policy has liability coverage and if the policy provides liability coverage for owned pets. If they do have and the policy has liability coverage and pet injuries are covered under the policy then you may receive a judgement. It would be much easier to just ask them first rather than have to sue first. Also bear in mind that an ACA compliant health insurance policy already covers such injuries.

In terms of Auto Liability...this depends.... 1. Does the policy excluded unscheduled drivers? If so, no coverage for you. 2. Did you have permission to use the vehicle? If not, no coverage for you. If the policy does not exclude unscheduled drivers, and you have permission to use the vehicle, the policy should afford coverage for incidents where you are the driver. In terms of Medical Payments or other benefit to YOU as the driver.... 1. Same questions as above, and more importantly... 2. Is Medical Payments and/or "PIP" coverage is provided on the policy? If no, no coverage for you. If no Medical Payments and/or "PIP" coverage is provided on the policy, you would need to seek coverage under the Workers Compensation policy. If you are an Excluded Owner under that WC policy, there would be no coverage for you here either. Remember, these answers are "general" in nature, and may not reflect the exact response from your insurer. I highly recommend contacting your agent for clarification of coverage.

When purchasing liability insurance for a nurse it is important to know what kind of coverage the doctor has. Many things will fall under his coverage.

Only the liability is automatic. Collision coverage is only provided if the trailer is listed on the auto policy. If it's a borrowed trailer then it is up to the owner of the trailer to have collision coverage. If you are at fault in the accident it may be possible that your property damage coverage could apply.

No. Homeowners insurance is "Property" coverage. Murder is a criminal offense and is not a covered peril under a home's property hazard insurance policy. Homeowners insurance does not provide liability coverage for criminal acts nor is it a replacement for a life or death insurance policy.

This would be covered under the "comprehensive" portion of a full coverage policy. PLPD aka liability would not cover such damage.

First the suit will not be filed against the insurance company but against you as the homeowner. Your insurance company will come in and protect you from the suit. This is covered under your liability section of the insurance policy. Your coverage includes legal fees in addition to the amount of coverage on your liability section.

Maybe, Maybe not. It depends on whether your neighbor is "legally liable" for your water damage. If the neighbor is not liable then they do not have to pay. If the neighbor is liable, it should be covered under the liability portion of your neighbors property insurance policy if he selected liability coverage when he purchased his policy.

Here is the problem with that,"It is not legally possible to be liable to ones self"So no, liability only coverage will not cover damage to your own property, That's what the comprehensive and collision coverage is offered to you for when you purchase your auto insurance. Comp and Collision provides coverage for your own property, Liability provides coverage for property and injury of others.If you bought liability only, there is no coverage for your own property.Answer:It should, and if it doesn't, there should be other parts of the policy that can pay out. Coverages such as uninsured motorists or medical payments.

There are many different optional coverages under an automobile policy. A minimum liability policy will pay for loss of earnings if you are the party who is hit by the other driver. In this situation the other party's insurance policy will be responsible for your losses as far as damages and injuries up to the policy limits or actual loss whichever is less. If you have a policy which is liability only and you hit someone or something then no, your policy will not pay for your liability coverage will not pay for your losses or injuries nor that of your passengers. You can purchase optional coverage that will pay for many different situations including work loss. I hope this has helped answer your question.

It depends if the builder's risk policy is just for property or for property and liability. You can have a builder's risk policy, which includes general liability. If the insured is owner of the building, the general liability exposure is the cost of the project and will classes under subcontractor.

It would be listed on your declaration page which is mailed to you at each renewal period. Listed first would be your Bodily Injury limits and under that would be your uninsured/underinsured liability if you have it.

The Policy effective date is the date that your insurance coverage started under that policy.

The dwelling Owners policy does not cover the property or liability of a tenant. Rental dwellings are covered under a Dwelling Policy that covers rental properties not a homeowners policy. If the tenant seeks coverage, the tenant must buy his own Renters Insurance Policy.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.