Describe the characteristics of the articles of confederation?
- No chief executive-no dictator
- No national courts-no single court to declare result of a trial
- Congress has the power to declare war-only congress can declare war on another country, the president cannot without the approval of congress
- Congress has the power to make treaties-congress can choose allies
- Laws need approval of states-the states can vote whether to ratify a law or not
The power of the Government is extremely limited!