Children and the Law
US Government

Do grandparents have any recourse when a court rules they are not allowed to visit their 12-year-old grandson because they are interfering in matters related to the boy's father and stepmother?

User Avatar
Wiki User
February 01, 2007 3:13AM

If the court of jurisdiction has already ruled on the issue then

the grandparents have no recourse except to perhaps make peace with

the custodians of the minor child. Civil matters such as the one

cited are not subject to appeal. You can perhaps consult an

attorney or do legal research of your own into any existing state

statutes (of the state where the child resides) that relate to

grandparents rights to visitation, but judges seldom make mistakes

and their rulings are rarely (read that as never) overturned in

this arena.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.