Law & Legal Issues

Do you have to be emancipated to move out from your parents at the age 16 in Alberta?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2010-05-18 15:13:41
2010-05-18 15:13:41

Do you have to be emancipated to move out from your parents at the age 16 in Alberta?

User Avatar

Related Questions

You can be emancipated in most states and countries by the age of 16.

The legal age for a child to move out from their parents is 18 in the state of Florida. However, this can happen earlier if a child is emancipated by the courts.

You can if you have parental permission or if you've been emancipated.

For any teenager to move out under the age of 18, you must either clear it with your parents and go to court and get emancipated. Some state though, such as Idaho, do not allow teenagers to be emancipated, before talking to your parents, learn your states laws and what you will have to have to be emancilpated

No, you are 17 and have not reached the age of majority in Louisiana. Until that age the parents are responsible and make the decisions.

18, unless you go to court and become an emancipated minor at an earlier age.

The age of legal majority in LA is 18 - or you can be emancipated by the court at 16.

A child is not allowed to simply move out if still under the parents' repsonsibility. If they do move out at that age, they need to be emancipated and their parents freed of said legal obligation.

generally people move out at 18, but with parental permission or if you are emancipated you can when you are 17 (you can emancipated if your parents are failing to provide you with support). If you are not emancipated then you cant move out at 17. Living on your own is a lot harder then you think and should be thought about before moving out unless parents are not providing support.

If your parents consent, you can move out. Otherwise you must be emancipated or reach the age of majority to legally leave home.

In most states the age of emancipation is 18 and then you are an adult and emancipated and can move if you want.

18, unless you have parental consent or have been legally emancipated.

Yes, if you are married you are considered emancipated, even if you are under the age of 18.

You are not emancipated until your 18th birthday, until that time your parents are responsible for you.

Generally, no. The age of majority is 18. Until you reach the age of majority, or are otherwise legally emancipated, you need your parents' or guardian's permission to move out.

You don't have to do anything. You were emancipated when your reached the age of majroity in your state or country.

Moving out of a parents house at the age of 16 legally, depends on where the person resides. In most states, a child cannot legally move out of a parents home because they are not of the states age of majority. A child can move out at 16 if they are legally emancipated by the courts.

Yes a 17 yr old can move out of the parents house at the age of seventeen because by the state of SC you are of age but your parents are still your gardian untilyou are 18. Which means if you are not emancipated and you have to go to the doctor you have to have your parents persent to sign you in. * No, you cannot. The age of majority in SC is 18. You can move out at 17 if you have parental permission or you

If anyone under the age of 18 wants to move out of their parents house they need one of two things. One you need a parent's permission or you need to be legally emancipated. If you do not have these things you cannot move out at age 17.

If you have a job a place to live and ways to get to and from work and school you can petition the court to become emancipated. Which basically means disowning your parents and they will have no control over you or what you do. (You do have to go to court to get Emancipated though)

Doesn't work that way in Washington. You have to be the age of majority, 18, before you can move out unless you have their permission or are emancipated.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.