Asked in
Sales and Customer Service
Real Estate

Do you have to have a high school diploma to be a real estate agent?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 02, 2007 12:47AM

In the USA it depends on the State requirements. You would have to go to your State's Licensing office or te Real Estate Commission for your state. For example, in NC we do not have Real Estate Agents anymore - we have BROKERS---the educational requirements are more extensive. I recommend that you complete your High School education -- maybe thru accelerated programs off campus? or getting your Equiv. You use Lots of math and communication skills in Real Estate. I am not a broker but I am the office manager for a realty and uction company. Forms can be complicated to understand, math is essential, computer skills, driving, etc. Whatever your reason for not completing your highschool education, find a way to do it. It will be always something (in my humble opinion) that will hang over your head. Good luck