Children and the Law
Child Support

Do you have to pay child support on the child if the child drops out of school in the state of Wyoming?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-01-25 12:46:31
2013-01-25 12:46:31

Until the child is 18, yes.

User Avatar

Related Questions

No, child support doesn't stop. Quitting school does not emancipate a minor.

Child drops out of school at age 16 and is now 17 and won’t be back in school do they receive child support

Yes, custodial payments are for the support and care of a child until they are 18.

You have to pay until they are 18 years old or whatever your child support papers say. Dropping out of school or them becoming pregnant has nothing to do with it. Child support is to help support the child not keep them from dropping out of school or becoming pregnant.

Child support is not based on whether the child is attending school but is based on the living needs of the child and visitation, unless there is a specific court stipulation to that fact.

I think u still have to pay since it is still your child

Yes. There is no provision in Missouri law that specifically covers cessation of child support if the child drops out of school, only that of emancipation (child drops out, moves out, gets a job earning a sufficient amount to support themselves without help of any kind from either parent and/or gets married). If that happens, the parent is no longer obliged to pay and the child must be legally emancipated by the court if all conditions apply before child support may be stopped.

Yes. Answer If your child now works full time she is deemed to be self-sufficient so you should not be paying child support.

Yes, if the child is under the legal age of majority for the state, that age is 19.

It depends on the state. In most states, child support is required to continue until the child turns 18, regardless of whether or not they drop out of high school. However, some states allow child support to end early if the child drops out or is not making satisfactory progress towards graduation.

Generally, the obligation ends when the child reaches 18 years of age or the child graduates from high school, whichever occurs later. A child will also automatically be ineligible for child support if that child marries, is removed from disability status by a court order, or the child dies.

That depends on the language of the order for support and the laws of the State in which that order was entered.

of course you still have to pay child support, that child came from YOUR loins. You are responsible for providing for that child, even if you choose not to be in their life. Maybe if you stuck around they wouldn't have dropped out to begin with. Just saying..

The parents would still be legally bound to provide for the wayward child and her child until 18. The sperm donor would be required to pay child support.School is a non issue.

We just got in front of a Magistrate in Genesee County Michigan. She said that the state now owes us from 2007 when the child dropped out of school. No school, no support is what we were told. We go in front of a judge this May - I'll keep you all posted.

Yes, they must still be supported until they reach the legal age of majority.

If the child is actively pursuing the GED, you may still have to pay since he is still in school. Get legal advice.

Yes, until the child reaches the age of majority or otherwise outlined in the original support order. Dropping out of school does not confer emancipation in Mississippi so support must be paid as outlined by the court. Child support is not something you pay so the child will stay in school, it's for their living expenses until they are emancipated by virtue of reaching the age of majority.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.