Best Answer

Yes and no. European appliances run off 220V whereas American appliances run at 110V. However, American homes are wired for both 220 and 110 volts. 220 is just only used for large loads like ovens and dryers. If you know what you are doing you can install 220V outlets and then no, you don't need voltage converters. However, this is a very big job and is not worth the expense if you only have a few European appliances. You can buy 110-220V converters for this purpose.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 21:39:30
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Do you need to get specific transformers-converters to run a cordless telephone and halogen lights from Europe?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Which gas is produced when halogen react with water?

Quite honestly, there is no specific gas. Granted there are some chemical reactions that would create gases with halogens and H2O, but since you're being very vague on the specific halogen, I can't provide a specific answer. Not all halogens have large reactions with water. In fact, the government forces the American water supply to contain Fluorine (a halogen) to improve the dental health of the country.

What element behaves partly as an alkaline metal as well as a halogen element?

In some specific circumstances, hydrogen can behave partly as an alkaline metal as well as a halogen element. This is due to the similarity of the two groups.

What element has less than one halogen existing on the earth?

Any element, other than a halogen is - by definition - not a halogen and so it does not have a halogen and that is less than one halogen.

Is K a halogen?

Potassium is a metal element. It is not a halogen. Example for halogen is Chlorine.

Is I a halogen?

Yes, I (iodine) is a halogen.

Why is a halogen lamp called a halogen lamp?

A halogen is a gas, such as iodine or bromine. Halogen bulbs contain a small amount of halogen gas. For more information, see the related links, below.

What halogen has the most electrons?

This halogen is astatine.

Is bromine a halogen?

Yes, bromine is a halogen.

The element bromine is not a halogen?

No, Bromine is a Halogen

Is fluorine an alkali metal or halogen?

It is a halogen

What gas is found in halogen lamps?


What type of gas is in a tungsten-halogen light bulb?

Halogen gas is in a Tungsten-Halogen Light Bulb.

Is selenium halogen or noble gas?

Selenium is a Halogen

A halogen which is solid at room temperature?

This halogen is iodine (I).

Is gold a halogen?

Gold is not a halogen it is a transition metal

What gas is a halogen filled with?

Halogen is a gas, so your question doesn't make much sense. If you're asking about a halogen (light) bulb, then the answer is: mainly halogen.

A halogen compound is a substituted hydrocarbon that contains a carboxyl group?

Carboxyl grouped compound cant be called halogen compound if it dont have halogen element. Halogen elements are F, Cl, Br, I. In hydrocarbon one H is replaced with halogen element.

What halogen is found in seawater?

The halogen found in seawater is bromine.

What is the most common halogen?

Chlorine is the most important halogen.

What is the only liquid halogen?

Bromine is the only liquid halogen

What is the first lightest halogen?

The lightest halogen would be fluorine.

What is cheapest heater to run halogen or oil filled?


When was Halogen - band - created?

Halogen - band - was created in 1998.

When was Halogen TV created?

Halogen TV was created in 2009.

What is a sixth period halogen?

Astatine is the 6th period halogen.