Children and the Law
Child Support

Does a father with joint custody lose his parental rights when he fails to pay child support for 6 months in Louisiana?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-10-01 01:27:05

No. Custodial or visitations issues and child support are

completely different matters. Parental rights can only be

relinquished voluntarily by the parent or permanently terminated by

the court.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.