Children and the Law
Child Support

Does child support stop if the child lives with his grandma but is supposed to be living with his mother?

User Avatar
Wiki User
April 22, 2005 2:08AM

Court ordered child support is to be paid to the person that is

caring for the child. If there is a dispute over who that person

should be, it is a matter for the court to decide not the parent

paying the support. The fact that the child may move in with

another relative is not legal grounds for stopping support


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.