Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims

Does full coverage cover your personal items when your car is stolen?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-11-04 04:42:04
2005-11-04 04:42:04

Absolutely not. Any personal items in your car would have to be covered by a homeowner or renter's insurance policy. All deductibles would apply separately.

User Avatar

Related Questions

If you have off premise coverage on your policy and the stolen items were scheduled on your homeowners insurance policy then Yes, you should be covered for those items. Contact your insurance agent for clarification of your insurance coverage.

It depends on whether you have "off premises" property coverage on your policy and then what household items were stolen.

No. Auto insurance will only cover the vehicle and items that came installed standard on the vehicle. You can, however make a claim on your homeowners insurance for other items stolen from your vehicle. Homeowners insurance gives you coverage for items off premises up to 10% of your contents coverage on the policy. This is to cover situations like this, thefts or damage while on vacation, and even dependent children's items while in a dorm room. The biggest problem is that you will have a deductible for damage to the car and another deductible for the items stolen and covered on the homeowners policy.

depending on what coverage yes it can, my cosine got his wallet stolen from his car and it did

Often, hiomeowners coverage will cover the loss of items on one's car.

Check with your broker to verify that you have this coverage on your HO-6 condominium policy.

You should request coverage in an amount appropriate to cover the value of your home's contents. Your insurance agent can assist you in valuating the replacement cost of your personal items. Then you can decide how much coverage to buy.

This depends on what coverage level you have with your fire insurance. Fire insurance policies offer personal property coverage as an optional add-on, and even include the option to cover either the value of the items or to upgrade and cover their replacement cost.

cover kids computer from highschool?

In general no, vandalism of an automobile is covered by the vehicles auto insurance policy. However you may have coverage for certain household belongings while outside the premises so check your policy or contact you agent if some of the stolen items were household items.

If the items are scheduled on your homeowners insurance policy for coverage, the items belong to you and the garage is the same one at the insured home, then you should have no problem with coverage.

It depends on whether or not you carry comprehensive coverage on your car. Comp is an optional coverage if you own the car outright and may be a mandatory coverage if you have a loan on it. But the comp coverage would only pay for repair to the car. If you have items in the car that were stolen, however, they would actually be covered by your homeowner's or renter's insurance and NOT your auto insurance.

Yes. A homeowners policy provides the widest and most coverage for the money of any type of insurance there is. You have coverage for up to 10% of your coverage C limit off premises. This way you have coverage while in storage, on vacation, a child's property in their dormatory at college, etc.

Homeowners Insurance policies typically have language that excludes coverage for cash, bullion, fine jewelry, furs and other luxury items that are not specifically scheduled for coverage. If you want it covered you have to schedule it and pay the additional premium for scheduled property.

It may provide coverage... this is a tricky question for a number of reasons. 1) What are the items stolen? 2) How long have you been insured by this company? 3) Was there evidence of forced entry to the locker? 4) Did you immediately file a police report? With answers to these questions I can give you a pretty good idea.

Yes. The coverage for theft or any other cause of personal item off premises is equal to up to 10% of your contents coverage. You must also take into account that certain type of personal items have a limit on them for theft including jewelry, guns, silver, fine art, etc. Depending on your policy, there are limits on these items unless you schedule them separately on the policy as an inland marine floater.

Yes, if it is personal items not attached to the vehicle that is stolen (such as a laptop). If it attached to the vehicle (stereo, tires) it would go under the auto insurance policy. Also, the items must be owned by the policyholder.

Yes with unlimited coverage they even cover personal items. They are registered in England and Wales. Most customers who switch end up saving a lot of money.

Contents insurance is a type of coverage that covers damage or loss to personal possessions in one's home. Specifically, it refers to items that are not attached to the house itself.

You need to read your policy for the details of what is covered as there are special limits on many items including, jewelry, art, collectibles, firearm among many other items. I recommend that you go through this part of your policy in DETAIL to see the coverages that are provided, if they do not appear to be enough contact your agent and see if they can sell you additional coverage for those items.

RAC does cover insurance on items when one has subscribed to their Personal Valuable Insurance. Items that can be covered include digital camera, jewelry, laptops, watches and many others.

Home contents insurance covers personal belongings in a home, but not anything that is attached to the house itself. Coverage is typically obtained for high priced items such as televisions, jewelry, family heirlooms, antiques and art work.

generally yes. you would be covered for off premise theft. the claim would be subject to your deductible and depreciation. the depreciation could be recovered if you have full replacement on your policy for contents, once the items are replaced.

Yes. It depends on the items and if you have proof of their value. Yes. It depends on the items and if you have proof of their value.

Many auto insurance policies will cover stolen items from your vehicle but only a very limited amount. For instance, if you have your vehicle broken into and your AM/FM/CD unit is stolen along with your case of 24 CDs, your policy will most likely cover the AM/FM/CD unit and only 1 or 2 of the CDs. Each policy is different. It is best to call the agent who sold you the policy.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.