Best Answer

Sure, as long as the damage was from a covered cause. The key to homeowners insurance is that the damage is due to a covered cause. If you a re searching to see if your insurance will pay for replacing the pipe because of lack of maintenance, no it will not. Maintenance is not covered on a homeowners policy.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-06-01 22:35:37
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


22 cards

If you were laid off and apply for insurance coverage on your wife's group policy do you have to answer a medical questionnaire

How many grams of cholesterol should you eat each day to maintain a healthy diet

What would cause a fluttering inside the ear canal

Why is beef fat a solid at room temperature

See all cards


22 cards

What is recreational activity

How do you make smiley faces

What is the approximate cost of raising a child for eighteen years

Which nations were the world's leading exporting nations during the mid-1990s

See all cards


23 cards

If you were laid off and apply for insurance coverage on your wife's group policy do you have to answer a medical questionnaire

How many grams of cholesterol should you eat each day to maintain a healthy diet

What would cause a fluttering inside the ear canal

Why is beef fat a solid at room temperature

See all cards

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Does homeowners insurance cover galvanized pipe?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Does homeowners insurance cover cooper pipe leaks in cement?

Sorry but this is not a covered cause. It is more like maintenance. I remember a big issue with contractors using galvanized pipes going through concrete slab foundations. The chemicals in cement tends to dissolve galvanized pipe and if I remember correctly the contractors had to make payment on the damages. Homeowners insurance covers sudden and accidental damages that happened due to a covered cause such as fire, windstorm, vandalism, etc.

Will homeowners insurance cover for broken pipe in concrete slab?

Most will if it is in the slab. Where it can get tricky is when the pipe in in the yard.

Does homeowners cover a broken pipe in the ceiling?

I presume you mean 'homeowner's insurance'. Some contracts do cover it, some don't. You will have to look at the small print in your own policy.

Will homeowners insurance cover water damage from a broken pipe?

You need to turn this claim in, it all depends on your policy form, the perils, exclusions etc.

Will homeowners cover a collapsed sewer pipe?


Will your homeowners insurance cover your septic pipe?

A homeowners policy will cover damage done by a covered cause. It does not cover maintenance as the homeowner is responsible for maintaining the home. Septic pipe damage is almost always the result of lack of maintenance. I cannot think of any way that septic pipe would be damaged by a covered cause. Perhaps if a storm blew down trees and the falling over of the trees caused the uprooting of parts of the septic pipe. This would be a covered cause.

Will your homeowners insurance cover a leaking pipe in an interior wall that has gone undetected until now that there is mold growing?

It depends on what state you live in and what exact policy you have. Some policies in certain states will cover this, others will not. You will have to refer to your specific policy and its endorsements. There are hundreds of variations on homeowners policies and endorsements between states and insurance companies..

Will homeowners insurance cover a collapsed pipe?

You'll have to contact your insurance agent and ask them, There are many different levels of Homeowners Insurance and it really depends on the breadth of coverage you purchased. As a general rule though. If the pipe collapsed due to a covered peril then it would be covered. If it collapsed due to age or normal wear and tear then it will likely not be covered due to it's being a maintenance issue.

Will homeowners insurance cover the additional cost of the water be covered from a leak?

What? The question does not make sense but nearly all policies cover damage from leaking pipes, unless the pipe was exposed and you knew it was leaking and ignored it.

Will homeowners insurance cover cost of replacing water pipe that has frozen and burst?

As long is the loss itself is covered than yes it is one of the few situations many homeowners policies provide compensation for the plumbing system or appliance that fails.

Does homeowners insurance cover plumbing repair to a leaking pipe behind a wall in the house?

AnswerIt may vary state to state but generally NO insurance will not cover the leaking pipe but it will cover the cost to get to it and repair the damage done to get to it as well as cover the damage done from the leak. You are on your own with the cost of the plumber. Best bet is to read your policy on exclusions. If it is not excluded, it's covered.

Will homeowners insurance cover a broken water pipe in a yard?

Probibly not, would have to be a rupture to be covered under most policies. If its just old and rusted then no coverage. Some insurance companies will exclude any pipe outside of the house. need more info about policy to asses situation.

Does homeowners insurance cover flooding in crawl space?

You always must determine the cause of the damage. What made the crawl space flood? If the cause is due to torrential rain then a homeowners policy will not cover this type of loss. What you would need here is a flood insurance policy. If for instance, a pipe burst, therefore causing the flooding of the crawl space, then the regular homeowner's policy will pay for the damages, except for the actual pay for the repair cost of the actual piece of the pipe.

Does homeowners insurance cover underground water pipes?

Each insurance company is different, some i know will cover any pipe underground if its located within the footprint of your home, if its outside the home they may cover if its a specific peril such as rupture, if its just old and breaks then no this you will have to pay for. More information is needed to asses your situation

Does homeowners insurance cover plumbing repair to a leaking pipe outside the house?

I have been doing this for 20 yrs. and i have never found a policy that covers anything outside the foundation of the home to be covered.

Can you put galvanized pipe underground?

ya the galvanized pipecan be use in undergrounds,,, because it is an iron pipe

Does home warranty cover underfloor pipe replacement?

Depend on your insurance policy. Most standard policies that i have done thru insurance companies do not cover the pipe. They cover the damage the water or leak causes to the surrounding surfaces. The pipe and plumbing repairs are almost always not a part of the insurance coverage.

Does homeowner's insurance cover drainage pipes that are 50 years old and need to be replaced?

No, I'm afraid not. Homeowners insurance is for sudden unexpected losses that result from covered perils such as Fire, Wind, Hail, etc. Homeowners insurance never provides coverage for routine expected maintenance issues nor for upgrades.

Does homeowners insurance cover root damage from your tree to your sewer pipe?

You would need to check with your insurance company to see if your have coverage for conveyances and what specific perils are covered, typically, fire, wind hail etc. Most Insurers would consider this a home maintenance issue and would not cover it.

Is the inside of galvanized pipe galvanized as well?


What is the maximum pressure schedule 40 galvanized pipe can take?

Need to know the pipe diameter. 3 inch is the diameter of the galvanized pipe what is the working pressure of the pipe

What is GI pipe?

Galvanized Iron Pipe

Insurance coverage and galvanized pipe SLAB LEAKS?

I think, only a guess that the pipe under the house and possible even those inside are not covered. The damage they cause probably is, but not the pipe itself. Ask your agent.

What is GI pipe and what GI stand for?

GI stands for galvanized iron. GI Pipe is black steel pipe which has been hot dip galvanized.

Homeowners insurance and basement flooding?

If you are filing a homeowners insurance claim because your basement was flooded then be sure to be specific when making the claim because most homeowners do not have flood insurance. If your basement flooded as a result of a broken or leaky pipe or from some other cause from inside the home then you should be fine but if your basement was flooded as a result of an outside source then you may not.