Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-09-17 08:50:05

"Flood Insurance" will cover damage resulting from a Flood. Homeowners Insurance will not.


Your Answer

Related Questions

depends on source-some won't cover an act of God if it was a storm or flood unless you have specific flood coverage.

No. Probably not. Unlikely. What caused the leak in the water line? Old age? Ground shift? If and only if the leak was caused by a named peril do you have a chance of making a successful claim for any of the damage.

It depends on the termsof your insurance.

If the foundation problems are not covered then it naturally follows that any resulting cracks would also not be covered.

For the most part, only if the mold is a result of a roof leak or major storm damage. If you live in a flood plain, you can purchase an additional insurance policy specifically for flood damage that would cover mold removal from floodwaters. If the mold is due to plumbing problems, neglect or other issues, your home owner insurance policy will probably not cover it.

No, and it is very likely that homeowners insurance will not provide coverage either as if the water damage is attributable to a leak, seep, drip or any other type of long term problem.

The coverage for water damage varies from policy to policy, and almost always there are exceptions or exclusions. For example, many homeowner's insurance policies will cover sudden water damage, but will not cover damage from a slow, long-term leak. And water damage from a flood would be covered under a separate flood insurance policy, and not under your homeowner's insurance. It is a good idea to review your policy and consult with your insurance agent to make sure that you won't have any unpleasant surprises where you thought it would be covered but it isn't.

It is not a good idea to cover foundation cracks with gardening. Have a knowledgeable building expert check the foundation crack and repair it. Don't hide it with plants and invite water to leak into your house.

Your townhouse neighbor does need home insurance for damages from a leak in your home if the two are connected. Often, flood insurance is separate from standard homeowner's insurance and must be purchased as an add-on or can be purchased in a renter's policy.

If it was a sudden leak, they would cover it. But the would not pay to fix the leak in the patio

It depends on what caused the leak. If your leak was caused by a covered peril on your policy such as Hail wind fire etc, then your homeowners insurance would cover the cost of a repair and the repair of internal damage resulting from the leak. If the leak is resultant of aged material or normal wear and tear such as an old faucet or an old roof that has outlived the life of the material, then it is a maintenance issue and would not be covered under your homeowners insurance policy.

This could be a complex situation. If the home has been insured with the same insurance company during all of these plumbing leak losses and now the foundation damage it would be wise to report a claim. Expert opinions on the cause of the foundation problem may be required in order to assess coverage. Sometimes insurance companies hire the expert to look into it (oftenly to support a denial, unfortunately). //

The short answer is maybe. If they do cover it, there will be some qualifications, and only a claims adjuster for your company can tell you for sure. Your leak will need to be inside the walls of your foundation. You don't have yard insurance, you have home insurance so a leak on your service line outside of the foundation will not be covered. Sorry, but on the bright side, if that is your leak problem, it is likely the least expensive kind of hidden underground leak to repair. If the leak is on the pressure side of your plumbing and the water under the house comes up through the slab and causes damage to your home or belongings, some portion of the work is very likely to be covered. If you do not have damage to the above slab portions of your home, and the leak is inside the walls of the foundation, you may still be in luck. When you call your adjuster, they may say that they will pay to find the leak, but not to repair the leak. Have no fear! This means that the company will likely pay for the leak detection, pay to remove the slab, and whatever fill stands in the way of repairing the pipe. The company will likely not pay for the actual cutting of the pipe, the pipe and fittings to repair the leak, and the labor to repair the pipe. Then they are likely to cover the cost of fixing your home back to the original shape it was in before the work was started. Only a claims adjuster can tell you for sure, and some companies may not cover any of this at all. If you have had a slab leak problem, please write and let us know how your experience was. Who is your insurance company, and was your leak a covered claim?

NO, Your Auto Insurance does not cover maintenance or manufacturing quality issues. This could be a defect you might look to your auto warranty for correction.

Some insurance companies will cover some of the cost of slab leak repair. You will not be able to get covered for the actual labor to cut the pipe, or the repair parts, but if you have slab leak coverage, the insurance company may pay to find the leak, dig to access the leak, and repair the concrete as well as the floor above the leak's location (subject to the terms and limitations of the policy). Some insurance companies will not cover the cost at all. Call your agent to start the process. If you are dissatisfied with the result, you may want to consider hiring a licensed independent adjuster to analyze the policy on your behalf and to act as your advocate.

This depends on the Terms and Conditions of the Policy, you will find these on the Policy Document itself.

Depend on your insurance policy. Most standard policies that i have done thru insurance companies do not cover the pipe. They cover the damage the water or leak causes to the surrounding surfaces. The pipe and plumbing repairs are almost always not a part of the insurance coverage.

not really Many homeowner's policies cover water damage, including the leak repair. If the leak is underground, though, it's probably not covered.

the signs of a valve cover leak are oil on the engine oil is the only thing that can leak from a leaky valve cover

They would not cover the shower, but if the leak was sudden and accidental, they would cover the water damage only. This includes all plumbing appliance.

Only your insurance agent can tell you. I would think not. It's like getting an oil leak on your car. You pay for that. If the leaf is the result of something falling on your roof I believe that would be an insurance issue.

The only likely expense they would pay would be to tear out that part of the building to get to the gas leak to determine why it was leaking. 99.9% of the time, the repair is not covered.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.