Child Support

Does my husband have to assume parental rights for my child in order for the father of my child to terminate his parental rights in Alabama?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-07-10 00:10:39
2012-07-10 00:10:39

No. The biological father can give up his rights and if your husband then want to be more than a step parent, who have no rights to the child, can adopt your child. Or not, that is your choice as the parent.

User Avatar

Related Questions

Maybe, if you can demonstrate your ability and willingness to assume parental responsibility.

The father can petition the court to terminate parental rights and if he can provide compelling reason why such a petition should be granted, yes it could happen. However termination of parental rights does not terminate child support obligations, only your right to visit your child or have any decision making input in their lives. Child support generally can only be terminated if the child is placed for a legal adoption with an adult willing and able to assume financial responsibility for them.

No, unless the baby's biological father relenquishes his parental rights, he would get custody of the child if the mother dies, not her husband. The biological father must sign his rights away to the mother's husband.

You cannot voluntarily relinquish parental rights under Pennsylvania law unless the child is being adopted. The courts may involuntarily terminate parental rights under specific (and dire) circumstances. Many people are operating under the false assumption that signing over their rights absolves them of child support responsibilities when often, it does not....not unless the child is legally adopted by another adult willing and able to assume financial responsibility for the child.

Husband means "master of a house" in Old Norse. Hus means house I assume, as they sound similar.

I would assume her and her then husband Kevin Federline, did not use contraception ...

I know that in San Antonio, most places require that you are 18 without parental consent, and 16 with parental consent. But just to be sure, contact your local tattoo/piercing parlor. I would assume it is the national base of 18 without parental consent. With parental consent you will need to contact your local shop.

I assume that when you say "husband" you're basically asking who is the "man" of the relationship. However, in a lesbian marriage both people are women, so there isn't a husband or man at all.

There is nothing called parental consent age so i assume you mean age of consent which is when a minor can give legal consent to sex. In California it is 18. No parent can consent to sex.

If you're in the US, then no. Termination of parental rights (which is a different thing than custodial rights) has to be approved by a judge, and generally speaking, unless it is for the purpose of adoption (where someone else is willing to assume those parental responsibilities), it is not approved.

Never assume anything. Ask him yourself or check his phone records.

Yes, she can surrender her parental rights to another person willing to assume responsibility for the children, or to the state. Often in the case of a child being abandoned, it is assumed that the parents have given up their parentla rights.

decide, judge, assume, work out, infer, deduce, surmise come to an end, and, close, finish, wind up, terminate, complete, wind up, round off

Yes, unless you can buy out his share of the property or assume the mortgage on your own.

Generally speaking, once parental rights (which is a different thing than custodial rights) are terminated a person is no longer responsible for child support. However, you cannot just "sign over" your parental rights. Parental rights can only be terminated by a judge, and unless it's a case of adoption (where someone else is willing to assume your parental responsibilities), the judge generally says "no, I won't allow it"

As of this writing, it's not for certain if the Galaxy Note 4 will have parental controls. However, the Samsung Galaxy S5 has those controls in its user interface, so we can assume the Note 4 will also have that same feature. If not, there are third party parental control apps (ex: Kid Mode) that will function much the same way.

His name is Tom Leowens. This is apparent in the song "Hello, Young Lovers" when she refers to the name of her husband. Since Anna is widowed, we are to assume that she uses her married name.

By South, I assume to mean Confederate States of America. The president was Jefferson Davis, and the Confederate Capital was Montgomery, Alabama

I would assume calling a therapist would do the trick, or at least get to the base of the problem.

Contact GE and ask. I assume GE stands for General Electric?

The terminology might be different in your state as opposed to here in New Jersey but this might, repeat, might answer your question. You must look into the laws of the state of probate and of your own if they are not one and the same. In New Jersey a decedent may appoint a "testamentary guardian", who would obviously assume the usual parental rights over the minor. The catch is that no such appointment is effective if the other parent is alive unless the surviving parent consents in writing to the appointed testamentary guardian taking over. It might be the same regarding the "parental rights" you mention. I cannot imagine any state allowing one parent to deprive the other of parental rights, merely by saying so in the will.

I have not found any information to prove that he is or is not a vegetarian but his Husband is currently a vegetarian and his Husband cooks most meals from what we know so it can be safe to assume most of his meals are vegetarian friendly

I assume you're questioning your wife or girlfriend's claim of this, as you should. There should be a court record in the county of jurisdiction.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.