Best Answer

at times yes but usually if the noncustodial parent does want to see the child they will be denied visitation rights and not be allowed to see the child

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-03-18 12:13:07
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Does the noncustodial parent give up legal rights to a child if he has had nothing to do with the child since birth and pays no child support?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What rights does a noncustodial parent have?


Does a noncustodial parent have to child support if he relinquishes his rights?

... have to [pay] child support - yes, until/unless the child is adopted.

Can a noncustodial parent sign his rights over to his parents?

A noncustodial parent cannot sign his rights over to his parents or voluntarily terminate his parental rights. He needs the permission of the court and the custodial parent.

If the noncustodial parent does not pay child support to the parent that has custody does the parent have to let them know when the travel outside the state in which they live in?

Not as long as it doesn't interfere with the access rights.

What are the non court ordered noncustodial parent rights if their name is not on the birth certificate?

Legally, nothing. Morally, everything that that the mother has.

Can a custodial parent deny transporting the child if the noncustodial parent relocates outside the jurisdiction?

If there is no court mandated agreement that ensures the noncustodial parent visitation rights, then yes they can.

What are the Visitation rights with infant for noncustodial parent in Texas?

see link

Can a custodial parent in North Carolina deny visitation with the noncustodial parent because the noncustodial parent moved out of state for work?

Only the court has the power to deny visitation rights.

Can a noncustodial parent voluntarily give up parental rights in NC?

Yes, if the court allows him too. He will still have to pay child support.

What are the grounds of vsitation rights of noncustodial parent Dallas county?

married or single?

Can a noncustodial parent give up their rights in the state of MD?

See raleted queation

Custodial parent denies Noncustodial parent visitation rights in Mississippi?

Unless visitation rights for the non-custodial parent were allowed in the divorce paperwork, the custodial parent is completely within their rights to deny the non-custodial parent visitation....however, the non-custodial parent may sue for visitation rights.

People also asked