Academic Writing
Math and Arithmetic

Does the toilet pipe lead to the same place as the kitchen sink?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-09-14 14:37:35
2012-09-14 14:37:35

In the end, yes.

ANS 2 - By "the toilet pipe" -I'm going to assume you mean the drain . -The toilet drain in a small house is generally the main drain. All other drains are connected to it.

User Avatar

Related Questions

Toilet flanges OUTSIDE of the pipe including cast iron and brass to lead

The lead pipe. He used it in the kitchen.

How high does the toilet overflow pipe need to be in a standard residential toilet?

If the extisting drain is lead pipe it can be moved about an inch and the use a offset brass floor flange and lead wipe it in place that will give you the 3" you want

We have completed construction of toilet .water pipe connection is balance

The main toilet pipe is partly plugged after where the upper pipe joins the lower one.

The gurgling in your kitchen sink drain trap is because your drain system from you upstairs toilet is not vented properly. As the flow drops down the vertical drain pipe from the upstairs it sucks the water out of your kitchen sink drain trap and causes it to gurgle. It could drain the kitchen sink trap and allow sewer gas to flow into your kitchen. The fix is to either install an Air Admittance Valve (AAV) in your kitchen sink drain plumbing or properly vent the upstairs toilet drain.

It's not the toilet, there's a blockage in the pipes some where after the drain pipe from the toilet joins up with the drain pipe from the tub.You're going to need to have the pipe snaked.

Usually toilet flange is glued down onto plastic drain pipe. There is a toilet flange that can be glued inside of plastic drain pipe also.

Because a toilet disposes of a relatively large volume of "solid" mass, it is important that the drain pipe leading from the toilet be equalized at current atmospheric pressure. This is accomplished using a vent pipe that is routed upward, typically ending 10-12" above the surface of the dwelling roof. "Solid" waste moves best in two modes - Traveling vertically, and traveling at a slope of 1-2" vertically per horizontal foot. Any slope greater than this will cause the "suspension media" (water) to travel around the "solid" waste. Typically, in an American dwelling, there is a 1 1/2" to 2 1/2" vent pipe leading from every kitchen and bathroom in the dwelling. the pipe leads straight vertically to the roof and is protected on the roof with a lead "boot" that can be obtained from roofing suppliers. In bathrooms, the vent pipe typically leads vertical from the toilet, because it disposes of the greatest ammount of solid waste. All other drains in the bathroom couple to the toilet vent u8sing "T" fittings that are attached at a level higher than any drain water could achieve. In the kitchen, where a nice window often frames the view of the kitchen sink, the pipe is sometimes offset horizontally, or joined by a "t" fitting to other kitchen drains (typically the dish washer).

The laundry waste pipe is fitted to the main drain near the toilet and the main pipe down the line past toilet is partly plugged, forcing the laundry waste up the toilet waste tube. You need to auger the pipe from toilet to outside. If all the piping is in ground you will have to remove toilet from floor to do this properly.

How can I do some home toilet repair? I have an upstairs pipe that is leaking underneath the toilet.

The easiest solution would be to move the toilet so that it lines up with the waste pipe.

Clean the inside of the pipe and floor top with a wire brush. Apply silicon to inside of pipe and top of floor, you are making an airtight seal. Install lead dutchman into pipe and repair flange on top, which will secure the lead dutchman. You can now install your toilet as usual, since you have a flange for mounting your bowl ( this is assuming you are updating to a flange mount bowl).

It is a valve on the floor, next to the toilet. The pipe from this valve feeds the toilet

The toilet IS the trap. No other trap is required.

No, that is why it is called a vent pipe not a soil line

the reason a dry compost toilet does not use water is because it has a vertical pipe instead of a curving up pipe that needs water to push it through the pipe

Lead wipe a brass nipple into the lead pipe and then use a female adapter x PVC on the brass threads

a pice of pipe a pice of pipe

That's unlikely, but possible depending on pipe arrangement.

The flange is actually a ring that the lead comes up through the middle of. The ring is secured to the floor and the lead is beat down against the flange. T would actually consider doing away with this lead bend as they are currently 50 years old or older. That is to say they stopped using them about 50 years ago and they are currently failing in a lot of homes. I w3ould cut the lead out leaving the brass stub in the cast iron where the lead attached, and repipe with PVC to that brass stub and attatch it with a fernco coupling. Three inch PVC will slide right inside that brass stub to make a real nice connection,Answerif you have the pipe flush with the finish floor you can get a plastic flange with a rubber ty seal gasket around it. this will fit inside the 4" pipe. or if the lead is exposed you can snap it at the cast iron and transition to plastic.

By lead wiping a brass nipple into the lead pipe and then using a F x PVC adapter to the male threads of the brass nipple.

1. Loosen the 2 nuts that are located on each side of the toilet. Place them in a safe location, because you will need them to remount the toilet.2. Lift the toilet. Set it in a place where the rest of the water can drain from it, such as a shower or bathtub.3. Clean the wax from the flange seal, and then remove the screws that attach it to the floor.4. Measure the pipe that comes out of the floor so that you purchase the correct size. You will need to buy a new flange, a new section of pipe with the same diameter as the old pipe, a pipe coupling, a new wax ring and PVC glue if you do not have any.5. Cut off the flange at the red line. This can be done, from inside the pipe, using a Dremel tool with a reinforced disk for cutting.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.