No..that's an old wifes tale. Try some insect bite creams from the RX drug store.Answer
Never heard of that. I have heard of making a paste of tenderizer and a small amount of water to put on a sting. Also baking soda paste.
Absolutely! It is not a wife's tale at all. When I was young and we were working out in the woods and got stung, the first thing we did is pee on it. I think it is the amonia in the urine. These other guys that answered are city people. It is country people that know about this home remedy.
Ive done remove stinger use urine procedure all my life and the difference is astonshing in both pain and swelling. HOWEVER it may have just been that for me, placebos do wonders for my pain tolerance. Id still say try it, worse case scenario you learn placebos dont work for you that much.
B/c the bee, as it stings, injects a venom that the body reacts to.
The familiar symptoms of bee and wasp stings include pain, redness, swelling, and itchiness in the area of the sting. Multiple stings can have much more severe consequences, such as anaphylaxis, a life-threatening.
Toothpaste reduces the pain and swelling of a bee sting (because toothpaste is a base and the bee sting is acidic) Toothpaste doesn't help wasp stings because wasp stings and toothpaste are alkali. (However vinegar works well on wasp stings because vinegar is acidic)
Because Bee stings are acidic but Wasp stings are alkali and bee with bee stings they leave the stinger in you http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/images/ency/fullsize/9100.jpg
Bee stings are when a bee stinger brakes though skin and Excrete poison.
1000 bee stings can kill an adult, but 500 bee stings can kill a child. So there you have it. :)
Yes! Actually, you can even put honey on a bee sting to reduce the pain.
If a bee stings a rabbit, the rabbit will experience pain and swelling in the area of the sting but will usually survive.
Bee stings do not usually leave scars.
it depends on if you are allergic and what type of bee. bee stings can be deadly to some people.
some bee stings are poisonous. but some bee stings ain't poisonous.
yes because the alkali will ease the pain and get rid of the venom.
Bee stings can be very painful. This pain can be alleviated by placing an ice pack on the site of the sting. Tylenol can also be taken to reduce pain over time.
No, there is no venom in bee stings. My friend got stung by a bee , and she's still alive.
Yes, bee stings often swell and then itch.
only the honey bee dies after it stings, in about 10 minutes
Bee venom is acidic, but pain is not caused by acid, it's caused by melittin, which is a peptide (small protein).
== == Bee sting venom is acidic and so its effects can be neutralised with bicarbonate of soda or alkali and this reaction reduces the pain.
The bee dies
it is a special chemical inside the copper that removes bee stings
When a bee stings you, the bee injects a liquid that is painful to your skin. And when the bee injects the liquid, it dies
a bee stinger is small and thin and it is also pointy. if a bee stings you then the stinger gets stuck in you and you will have to pull it out and after the bee stings you it dies.
yes, it has nothing to do with being allergic to bee stings.
a bee lives one second after it stings you so shut up
Bee stings a acidic and since milk is a base it cancels out the acid.