Fathers name is not on birth certificate does he have to pay child maintenance?

United Kingdom: Yes. But he is entitled to proof via a DNA test. If the PWC refuses DNA test then the application doesn't proceed.

United States: Yes. The mother can request a paternity test through the family court. If he determined to be the father then she can obtain a child support order.