Best Answer

Could also be that a loose bolt has allowed coolant to leak into the lifter channel. Coolant will mess up your lifter and cause it to tic. Had that issue with an old CJ7. Was not a cracked head. I replaced the head at the same time that I replaced the lifter. Remember that you can put new lifters on a used cam, but not a new cam with old lifters.

Has it gotten hot on you. Sounds like a possible cracked head.

AnswerThe intake bolts on Chevy engines go into the water jacket so coolant can creep up the threads on older models; I would remove that one bolt and clean the threads and intall it with some sealer on it . The lifter noise I believe is not related to this. Next few oil changes add a can of Rislone oil detergent and see if that clears it up. I hope this helps you. Mark
User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2011-09-13 03:43:33
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Have a 1979 Malibu with a 305 Has a coolant at the intake manifold by the no 2 clynder Also a valve tap same place whats wrong?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Where is the coolant temperature sensor on a 1997 Chevrolet Malibu?

It is in the intake manifold close to the thermostat housing.

Where does the vacuum hose on the intake manifold on a 2000 Malibu go?

I have a 2000 Malibu, I can help you out if you can give me some more info...where on the intake manifold are you referring to?

How to change the intake manifold gasket on an 03 Malibu?

Remove the intake manifold retaining bolts on your 2003 Chevrolet Malibu. The manifold will come off. Remove the manifold gasket and clean the surface. Put the new manifold gasket on and reverse the process.

Where is the coolant temperature sensor on a Chevy Malibu?

the sensor is located right behind the thermostat housing on your intake manifold on the drivers sided toward the front of the car.

Is there anything you can do to prevent coolant from leaking into the engine of a 1998 Chevrolet Malibu 3.1 V6 after replacing the intake gasket a year ago?

The intake manifold are very bad about corroding a hole in them which means that you will have to replace it.

Where is the coolant sensor on a 85 Corvette?

On intake manifold.

How do you replace a head gasket on a 1999 Chevy Malibu?

The head gasket on a 1999 Chevy Malibu is replaced by removing the coolant, intake manifold, and retaining bolts. The cylinder head can then be removed, the gasket replaced, and everything reassembled.

Why does the GM 350 engine have coolant flowing around the intake manifold?

you have a coolant leak

What is the intake on a 1994 Chevy berretta where coolant is leaking?

Intake manifold at top of engine?

Why the coolant is leaking on Chevy Blazer?

Need to check the 4 corners on the intake manifold. It is common for the intake to leak engine coolant.

Can a bad head gasket cause coolant to go inside intake manifold?

No, the head gasket is underneath the heads where they mount onto the block. Your intake manifold is bolted to the top of your heads. Some motors have coolant that circulates in the intake manifold ( I don't know what year or make your vehicle is ) so I would check my shop or repair manual. There could be a crack where the coolant flows through your intake manifold or one of the manifold gaskets may need replacing.

What is cause of water in the oil?

intake manifold gasket if it is coolant in the oil

What is the torque specification for the lower intake manifold on a 1999 Malibu?

Around 30ft lbs.

1998 Chevy Malibu 3.1 LV6 have replaced the Intake gasket last year This year yet again it is still leaking Coolant into the engine Is there anything that you can do to prevent this from happening?

The intake manifold are very bad about corroding a hole in them which means that you will have to replace it

Where is the Coolant temp gauge sending unit on a 1987 454?

intake manifold

Where is the coolant temp sensor located on a 91 park avenue?

On the intake manifold.

Will there be leaking coolant because of an intake manifold failure?

Most of the time - yes

How do I replace the intake manifold on 1997 town car?

coolant by pass hose needs repaced under intake manifold to water 1996 Lincoln town car

On a 1987 mustang gt coolant is leaking into oil but its not the head gasket?

Intake manifold is leaking, or worse, cracked cylinder most likely tho, the intake manifold.

My 1998 Chevy Malibu v6is now leeking coolant. First time this happened it was the water pump then it was the intake manifold. But now all the coolant came pouring out some one tell me what you tink?

There are several possible causes, only a pressure test of the system will tell. The GM V6 had some issues with intake manifold sealing, and there have been at least 3 different gasket designs that I am aware of.

The Coolant is leaking from between the manifold and block on a 1966 gto 389 ci?

you need to replace the intake manifold gasket.

What is the torque specs for upper intake manifold on a 2003 Malibu?

on 3.1 v6,it is---intake 10 ft lbs-----upper intake-18 ft lbs,

What gaskets will you need to repair a coolant leak coming from the intake manifold on a 1996 Camaro 3800 V6?

You will need a intake manifold set and possibly a plenum gasket set.

How do you find a coolant leak when it is not the radiator or coolant bottle on a 2002 Chevy Malibu?

Have it pressure tested, the intake gaskets have probably failed.

What is involved with a 350 Chevy intake manifold that is leaking coolant and oil?

You either need a head gasket or intake gasket.