Asked in Jobs & EducationChemistryIndustries and ProfessionsPaper Production
How are colloids used in industries?
March 04, 2010 9:49PM
Colloids have uses in our daily life as well as in various industrial processes. Some of the applications where colloids are present are listed below.
- Pharmaceutical industry makes use of colloidal solution preparation in many medicines. A wide variety of medicines are emulsions. An example is Cod Liver Oil.
- Paint industry also uses colloids in the preparation of paints.
- Asphalt emulsified in water is used for building roads.
- In metallurgical operations the metal ores are concentrated by froth-flotation process which involves the treatment of the pulverized ore in emulsion of pine oil.
- The negatively charged rubber particles from rubber sol are deposited on wares and handles of different tools. Rubber gloves are formed by rubber plating on a suitable templates.