The answer below is correct BUT< <<>>> Stop at step #4 and try and start it up.It always works on my 03 Grand Am GT. As for bypassing the Passlock, you need a module that's sold in the USA to do that, costs about $100...Happy trails from Crazyted
HOW CAN I BYPASS SECURITY SYSTEM ON A 2000 GRAND PRIX GT - CAR WILL START FOR 2 SECONDS AND CUT OFF - ALL 3 KEYS (INCLUDING VALET KEY) WILL NOT WORK
Not to add to the questions, but I have had the same problem with my 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT. This is what I've learned over the last 26 hours. The PassLock security feature in these cars becomes unstable over time. Some of the contributing issues include worn keys (yes your car key being worn out can cause this issue), the wires to your BCM (Body Control Module) located behind the black plastic "kick plate" under your glovebox may be disconnected, frayed, damaged, or corroded (these little black boxes are about $400). Before you head out and start spending cash like you've got it... try these simple steps to make certain that it isn't' a "learning issue" with your car's computer system.
1) Try to start the car and let the key rest in the "ON" position. If the "SECURITY" light is on or blinking, leave it be and continue to next step.
2) Leave the key in the "ON" position for 15 minutes (they recommend 10, but why take a chance of missing it by a few seconds and having to restart the entire process again).
3) Turn the key to the "OFF" position, but leave it in the ignition and wait 5 seconds.
4) Turn the key back to the "ON" position, but don't try to start. Let set for another 15 minutes.
5) Turn the key back to the "OFF" position and wait another 5 seconds.
6) Turn the key back to the "ON" position and wait 15 more minutes. DO NOT TRY TO START YET>
7) Turn the key back to the "OFF" position for yet another 5 seconds.
8) NOW turn the key "ON" and try to start. If the BCM has learned the new value for the resistor in your key, it will fire up without any further issues.
NOW.... If this does NOT work... you've got the same issues that I have. I've received numerous suggestions on what to do from this point. Here is a list of the possible culprits, starting with the easiest and least expensive.
1) Fuses (check them all, both sides of the dash panels and under the hood)
2) You can actually bypass the BCM by pulling out the middle wiring harness and isolating the black and yellow wires. Expose a small portion of each by cutting away the wire insulation and soldering a 2.2k resistor (should be easily found at Radio Shack for under 2 bucks). Solder the ends to each wire and wrap with electrical tape. You've just bypassed the $400 PassLock system and fooled your car into accepting the new value. You'll have to do the same procedure as above for the computer to learn the new value, but it does work on 97% of the vehicles they've tried this on.
3) Replace the BCM, mine is made by Delphi and they are VIN specific, so you'll need to take your vehicle's id number with you to the dealership. They cost about $400 and are easy to replace (3 wiring harnesses snap onto the top and are color coded). This fixes almost all of the issues and doesn't leave that annoying "SECURITY" light on.
Hope this helps and if you have ANY questions, please feel free to contact me at CaptAdams35@hotmail.com with "PONTIAC" in the subject line.
ok you have to check the ohms on the key for reistance ( so 2.2 wont always work and you may need to put a relay in so the resistance goes on and off like you were removeing the key since some computers will think you left the key in the ignition and will keep it from starting or running)
hey mate i have a 1997 jeep grand Cherokee and had the same problem.. its your idle sensor.. all i did to fix it was disconnected the battery for 30 mins.. i already did that, she will not turn over Did you shut off the security system by using the key or the remote? The engine will not run as long as the security is triggered.
I am a gm service manager and there have been no security system recalls on 02 grand ams i have a 2002 grand am as well and my security systems keeps acting up it will activate then i cant use car because it wont turn off then i have to get it towed in and they reset it they showed me how to but it still doesn't work for me No need for a tow you sit in your car for 10 minutes until the security light goes off then you can start your car again. Its poor parts that GM choose to use. I love my Grand Ams ( on the 5th one)
Give me food and I will live give me water and I will die what am I?
A teacher walks into the Classroom and says If only Yesterday was Tomorrow Today would have been a Saturday Which Day did the Teacher make this Statement?
What is 8 divided by 2(2 plus 2)?
A farmer has 19 sheep All but 7 die How many are left?
What is pokediger1s password on roblox?
Who was Hillary Clintons running mate in the 2008 presidential elections?
How many triangles in a pentagram?
How do you get 1000000 robux for free?
What is the toughest academic course according to the Guinness Book of World Records 2011?
Why do so many foods "taste like chicken"?
Who invented Lincoln Logs?
How did chickenpox get its name?
What is doomscrolling?
How did the Wiffle Ball get its name?
Do schools still teach cursive writing?
Can eggs break inside a chicken?
How is kottatchiyar in English?
What are good qualities of a resource mobilizer?
How is medium a factor in representing the filipino identity in a work of art?
How do you transulate happy independence day in konkani language?
How should the state react the violation of law?
Advantage and disadvantage of on premise catering?
Which scene from the Beowulf reading is a flashback?
What day is national godchild day?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.