How can you cancel a life insurance policy on you if there is no more insurable interest but you are not the owner of the policy?

Under insurance law, the contract owner has all the "rights." So, I know of no way to cancel the contract w/o the owner's consent. However, you may wish to contact your state insurance department and/or the insurance company just to be sure. Alternately, you might offer to purchase the contract from the current owner, as is often done with business insurance "buy-sell" arrangements. Best of luck . rjBeeg