How can you keep from eating too much at night if you just can't sleep unless your stomach is full?
- If you feel like you want to eat at night , just try getting a glass of water or juice instead. Often people put on weight because they are bored and need something to do with their hands - so they eat.
- If drinking instead doesn't work. Try snacking on healthy things such as fruit.
- I drink a cup of hot tea before bed.
- Try eating a very light healthy snack, such as an apple or a handful of grapes, etc. And a big glass of milk. If you don't like milk, try a chocolate milk or some other drink with some substance Then slowly make how much you eat smaller until you only drink a glass of milk or something. And if you want, you can slowly stop drinking that too. It is probably mostly habit that makes you hungry at night. You can also try eating dinner a little later. But try to make it at least two or three hours before you go to sleep.
- I've been watching my calories on a website. You list everything you eat and it counts the calories, vitamins, fat grams, carbs and everything for you. Since I've started doing this I've noticed that I pay way more attention to what I eat throughout the day and it's really helpful. To answer your question. Drink lots and lots of water all day long (with a straw and some lemon if you find it hard to drink water) and I guarantee that you'll get full way faster and after a few days you'll feel fuller all the time. Trust me on this one. I used to eat a horse before bed every night and now I'm down to some water and not much else.
- Break your addiction ! Read a really good book or a boring one and you will find that in doing other activities you can go to sleep. Remember that you are addicted to doing something a certain way. Ignore your stomach. Tell yourself over and that you can do it. After a while it will be come a great habit. Nothing puts on weight more and makes sleep less relaxed and enjoyable than going to be with food recently consumed. Going to bed a little hungry is amazing. Tell yourself over and over that you are fine and morning will come with a smile because you will be ready to eat a nutritious delicious meal.
- A banana is really good, it is good for sleeping. There is mysterious link between sleeplessness and heart disease. People who don't get much sleep are more likely than those who do to develop calcium deposits in their coronary arteries, possibly raising their risk for heart disease, a new study has found.
- Eat a balanced breakfast and automatically your hunger will subside throughout the day. Research says that people who eat balanced breakfast never feel the craving and don't do binge eating at all.
- So eat a balanced breakfast and avoid cravings at night.
- Doing exercises will help you to get more sleep. It will also keep you health and away from many health diseases and heart related problems.
Try a supplement called Appesat. You take it with your dinner and it expands in your stomach to help keep you fuller for longer. This may help you sleep easier at night as you wont feel hungry.