Divorce and Marriage Law
North Carolina

How can you obtain a divorce from an incarcerated spouse in North Carolina and will you have to pay?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-07-04 13:49:53

Best bet would be to call up a lawyer and have them help you

out. You can get a divorce from someone who is in jail. As for it

being free, I am not for sure. Good luck to you:) * The process for

divorcing a person who is incarcerated is the same as that which is

used under normal circumstances. It is not free. There may be

attorneys who will handle the dissolution of the marriage pro bono

or at a reduced fee. The best option is to contact the local legal

aid agency or North Carolina state bar association referral service

for specific information. North Carolina Bar Association,


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.