It's actually pretty easy:
1) Always disconnect the negative batt. terminal before doing electrical work. An 8mm socket should do the trick.
2) Open both the driver and the passenger door, the cover marked "Fuse" on either end of the dash board must be removed. They may be a little difficult to pull off, but pull away from the hood, and towards the door at the same time and they'll eventually come out.
3) Under the steering wheel and in front of the brake pedal you'll see a black "kickplate" or cover with two plastic tabs towards the steering wheel side, push both of those tabs and allow the kickplate to drop down.
4) With the kickplate out of the way you might be seeing screws that were previously hidden, unscrew them. Where you previously removed the fuse covers there should be another small screw that was previously hidden, holding the dashboard in place. Undo them on both the driver's and passenger's side. Finally, in front of the instrument cluster, on the top, there are two more small screws, undo them as well.
5) Under the steering wheel there is a plastic piece with the trunk release button on it, gently pull this piece STRAIGHT out. Once it releases, undo the connection for the trunk release and put the plastic piece aside.
6) Found any more hidden screws after removing that last part??? Undo those as well.
7) Starting on the driver's side, gently pry the dashboard facia straight back from the front of the car. You will have to "massage" the plastic away from the top of the instrument cluster (where the traction control and hazard light switch are). As you work your way towards the passenger side, the bezel around the ignition will pop out, that's okay! Just don't lose that piece. Very carefully disconnect both the hazard and traction quick releases (a small bladed screwdriver works best).
8) With the dashboard facia pulled off you should now see 3 screws holding the factory radio in place. Undo those and gently remove the radio. There are three cords entering the back of the radio, the grey one is the antenna, pull it straight out. The other two are the factory harness, they are VERY tough to get out. Push down on the tab to release the harness plug and pull straight back. You may need a flathead screwdriver to help push the harness plug out of the back of the radio.
what are the stereo wire color codes for a 2002 Chevy impala LS
2000 chevy impala sterio wireing color codes
How do i remove a heater core to a 1974 chevy impala?
Remove the belt from your 2005 Chevy Impala water pump. Remove the water return hose. Remove the water pump retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install the new water pump.
Remove the cover from your 2001 Chevy Silverado stereo. Remove the stereo retaining bolts. Remove the wiring harness and the antenna cable from the back of the stereo.
Remove the decorative cover to your 2001 Chevy Lumina stereo. Remove the stereo retaining screws. Slide the stereo out and remove the wiring harness. Remove the antenna cable.
install 3.8 Chevy impala crank sensor passenger side , remove wheel and use pully to pull out crank shaft
Remove the decorative cover from your 2006 Chevy Express stereo. Remove the stereo retaining screws. The stereo will slide out. Remove the wiring harness and the antenna cable from the back of the stereo.
How do the headrest come an 2010 Chevy impala
Remove the tire and wheel from your 2001 Chevy Impala. Remove the end of the axle. Remove the wheel bearing nut. Remove the wheel bearing seal and the wheel bearing. Reverse the process to install the new front wheel bearing.
Remove the tire and wheel from your 2003 Chevy Impala. Remove the brake assembly spring and the break caliper. The brake pads will come off. Reverse the process to install the new brake pads.
i need a step by step instruction on how to remove or replace a radiator of a 2005 3.4L chevy impala
remove dash from 62 chevy
Take it to a Chevy dealership.
Remove the decorative stereo retaining cover. Remove the stereo retaining screws. Slide the stereo out and remove the wiring harness and the antenna cable.
Remove the spark plug wires from your 2000 Chevy Impala spark plugs. Remove the spark plugs with a 5/8 deep well socket by turning the socket to the left. Reverse the process to install the new spark plugs.
Where is the mounting bolt on a 2001 Chevy impala so I can replace the bletAnswerWhere is the mounting bolt on a 2001 Chevy impala so I can replace the blet AnswerWhere is the mounting bolt on a 2001 Chevy impala so I can replace the blet
The 2002 Chevy Impala cigarette lighter is held in place with a retaining ring. Remove the retaining ring and slide the cigarette lighter out. Remove the wiring harness from the back of the cigarette lighter. Reverse the process to install the new cigarette lighter
The 1966 Chevy Impala ignition switch can be removed by loosening the retaining ring at the top of the ignition switch. Remove the wiring harness. Reverse the process to install the new ignition switch.
do you need to remove dashboard in 2003 chevy impala to replace heater core
Would depend on what year impala On a 63 impala or many of the early ones you need to remove the passener side fender. The remove the power wire from the blower motor. Then remove the heater hoses. then remove the heater box from the fire wall. the heater core is inside that box. Newer models I am not familiar with
To remove the windshield trim on a 1968 Chevy Impala you will need a trim removal tool that has slides which can release the locking clips.
It is not necessary to remove the dash. Only necessary to remove enough of the trim pieces to get the radio out. If you look carefully you will see what needs to be removed.