How can you stop intense cravings for junk food?
Here are some suggestions to stop intense cravings for junk food:
- Don't buy them.
- Have other options available: vegetables, fruits, yogurt, etc.
- Drink more water.
- Be more active: walking, aerobics, tennis, swimming, bicycling, etc.
- Don't eat at fast food places.
- Take your lunch to work or school.
- Enlist the help of a friend and be supportive for each other. When you get a craving call your friend and go do something together. Exercise together.
- Don't veg out in front of the TV.
- Have a piece of sweet fruit like grapes, melons (watermelon is refreshing and good for you). Along with the fruits add a couple of teaspoons of low fat Ranch dressing or a low fat dressing of your choice.
- Keep active and try not to sit for long periods of time.
- Weight Watchers has different desserts you can buy in your grocer's freezer, but don't pig out. Less is best and the servings are the correct size. The trick is to eat it slow! Savor every single bite!
- You can buy candy called "Real Fruit" and they are fruit juice made into little blobs of gel.
- Drink a glass of organic Pomegranate juice, which is naturally sweet and great for the body.
- Fruit-filled yogurts are good for you and taste great.
- If you have the urge for chocolate, buy a chocolate bar that has squares and take one to two squares (give the rest to someone else) and suck on it. The taste lasts longer and the calories are low. The urge is gone!
- One day out of the weekend have a "piggy night." This doesn't mean to go overboard, but if you want some chips and dip then get the natural chips (taste better) and low fat chip dip and have something else you crave. Then the next day go back on your diet and mean it.
Companies that make a food product use all sorts of tricks of the trade to make the consumer want it! What is it? Fat, sugar and salt! Why do you think they serve salted peanuts, etc., in bars? Because it makes people drink more. Popcorn is sold at movies and it's the salt and so-called butter that makes it taste good. There are hidden sugars in almost everything you buy, so read those labels.
Drinking a full glass of water just before you eat is a great idea. Another idea is to fill up on veggies and fruit so you don't want the sweets as much. However, part of it is just discipline - you have to do without the sweets and large portions for long enough that your body doesn't crave them any longer.
hi, This is really difficult to struggle against foods craving when this is an eating habits but for example this tip could help you : you could light a candle ! vanilla canddle especially has been proven to have a strong effect at curbing cravings for sweets and chocolate, by tricking your senses into thinking that cravings has been satisfied and actually making you feel fuller :) Watchfit healthy tips
My mum owns a canteen. They are only aloud to sell sausage rolls and pies and pizza one day of each week. Ice creams they sell every day, same with slushies, muffins, cakes hot choc and more. If the government banned junk food at school canteens it wouldn't stop children buying them, they could still pack there own lunch boxs with it. If the government stop people from selling junk food it wouldn't make any…
There is no healthy way to stop yourself from eating. If you have a problem where you are over-eating, here are some methods to slow your eating: -Sit down & make a grocery list. Don't buy a lot of junk food. -Put any junk food in a hard to reach area. That way you aren't as tempted to get it. -Tape pictures of thin/fit people on your cupboards & fridge. It will remind you that…
Im 8 years old and im 4 foot 11 and im 120 pounds how do i lose stomache and thigh fat my parents keep buying junk food and if i say stop buying junk food they wont stop buying junk food?
What are the diff techniques or methods to be done by those person wanted to stop or limit their sweet intake?
Eat alot of green leafy vegetables. Kale, spinach, red leaf lettuce, mustard greens, etc. After only a few days of eating these your sugar cravings will lessen. Also lots and lots of raw food. No meat, dairy, and a low oil diet helps with sugar cravings. Sugar cravings are what your body does when it is lacking vitamins.
The best thing to do is to talk to them. Explain to them that it could ruin their looks and their chances on the social scene (if they won't listen to you when you talk about heart disease). However, it may be most effective if you don't rule out junk food altogether. Try to come up with a workable minimum to which they can adapt.