Asked in
Home Equity and Refinancing
Miscellaneous Vehicles
Deeds and Ownership

How do i obtain a title for abandonment on my property that has been there since 1998 and the owners have not been at the 5th wheel since they moved it on my property in 1998 we have put roof over it?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 12, 2011 10:30PM

There is a process that you have to go through and it varies by state. Your DMV can help you but it involves placing a mechanics lien for storage fees on the vehicle and stating your intention for the vehicle publicly like in a newspaper and waiting about a month or two, when no one comes forward to claim the vehicle you can be issued a title by default.