Best Answer

Check with you local Housing Authority there. This is known as Porting. You have to talk to the Housing Authority in CO and make the plans with your existing Housing Authority.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2011-12-11 00:46:53
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

Another name for groundhog

Where is Alberta

What is the latitude and longitude of Denver

Who does Montague announce has died because of Romeo's exile from Verona

See all cards
9 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do transfer section 8 housing voucher from Idaho to Colorado?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How can you transfer your section 8 from Florida to Colorado Springs?

Check out the following link: This link is for the Colorado Springs housing authority webpage, and specifically, the page which tells you how to transfer your Section 8 voucher.

How do to cancel section 8 housing voucher?

section 8 housing

Is section 8 housing voucher the same to section 236?


You lost your section 8 voucher can you apply for public housing?

It depends on why you lost your voucher, and, like the voucher program, there is a waiting list for public housing.

What is a housing choice voucher?

Formerly known as Section 8, a Housing Choice Voucher is a voucher issued by the local public housing authority to a landlord which participates in the Program, which guarantees that the specified amount of housing assistance payments on the voucher will be paid by the federal Government on behalf of the tenant.

What is the Housing Choice Voucher Program commonly referred to as?

Section 8

Can you get section 8 to pay for private housing rent?

The purpose of the Section 8 Voucher Program, now known as the Housing Choice Voucher Program, is to be able to rent a home from a provate source.

Can I receive my mother's Section 8 housing voucher by proxy?

This is a question to ask the Housing Authority that is administering the Section 8 Program.

What are some states that accept the section 8 housing certificate?

All states of the United States accept section 8 vouchers. The section 8 program is a federal program that is handled by the local housing authorities. But the voucher is only good at the jurisdiction that issued the voucher or where the voucher was ported to. To use your voucher at another jurisdiction you must arrange with the issuing housing authority to port over to the receiving housing authority.

What are the qualifications for section 8 housing in Santa Barbara CA?

Each Housing Authority has its own rules by which someone applies for a section 8 voucher, now known as a housing choice voucher, or public housing. Most qualifications are the same for every jurisdiction, since the section 8 housing program is a federal program.

How do you transfer section 8 housing assistance?

This is called porting your voucher. You need to contact the housing authority of the area you like to move to. This will be known as your receiving housing authority. Then contact your initial housing authority, the one who is giving your assistance now. Arranged between the two for you to import your voucher. Meanwhile look for your new apartment/home.

Is an enhanced voucher the same as a section 8 voucher?

An enhanced voucher would mean one that was given for a special reason or purpose. They're the same as Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)

People also asked