How do you apply for section 8 housing funds?

There is no such thing as section 8 housing funds. You either are applying for assistance with your rent, to become a landlord who will accept section 8 vouchers, or are looking for low interest loans to the federal government for financing rental property for low income residents. In the cases of the first two,

Check with you local Housing Authority there. In the case of the latter, you have the USDA, rural Development