Symbols for Stocks Mutual Funds and ETFs
Mutual Funds

How do you become a licensed stock broker?

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 26, 2012 8:41PM

You must be sponsored by a stock exchange member then you must take and pass the Series 7 exam. You must also take and pass the Series 63 & 65, or you can just take the Series 66 (which includes both). Most people now are taking the Series 66 because it affords you the title of Registered Investment Advisor and allows you to recommend "managed accounts".