How do you change a crankshaft position sensor on a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix SE?

The Crankshaft Posistion Sensor (CPS) is located behind the harmonic balancer. This needs to be removed to access the CPS. Check out the following website for instructions on how to remove the harmonic balancer. Hope this helps. "G" P.S. After replacing the CPS you will need to do a Case learn (or crankcase learn)..This is a procedure to set the sensor to identify the correct cylinder relative to the crank position. If you cant or dont know how to do this take your car to a professional.