Drum Brake Hardware Replacement
Tools Required: J 38400 Brake Shoe Spanner and Spring Remover
1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
2. Remove the rear wheel and tire.
3. Remove the brake drum.
4. Disengage the adjuster spring hook end from the tab on the adjuster actuator.
5. Remove the straight end of the adjuster spring from the brake shoe.
6. Use J 38400 to remove the universal spring from the brake shoes.
7. Remove the star adjuster.
8. Remove the park brake actuator lever and wave washer from the brake shoe.
9. Clean all of the drum brake system components with denatured alcohol or equivalent.
10. Inspect all of the drum brake system components.
1. Install the park brake actuator lever and wave washer to the brake shoe.
2. Position the hooking center spring section of the universal spring under the tab on the anchor.
3. Install the brake shoe. Position the shoe onto the backing plate.
4. Position the brake shoes and install the universal spring using J 38400 .
5. Use the J 38400 in order to pull up the end of the universal spring, resting the spring on the web of the brake shoe.
6. Use the J 38400 in order to pull the end of the universal spring over until the spring snaps into the slot in the brake shoe.
7. Lube the threads of the star adjuster and Install the star adjuster assembly.
8. Install the straight end of the adjuster spring to the brake shoe.
9. Install the adjuster spring hook end to the tab on the adjuster actuator.
10. Adjust the drum brakes. Refer to Drum Brake Adjustment.
11. Install the brake drum. Refer to Brake Drum Replacement.
12. Install the rear wheel and tire. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation in Tires and Wheels.
13. Lower the vehicle and drive it away.
what tools do i use to change the front brakes in my 2003 Pontiac grand prix
Jack up vehicle and change the rear plugs from underneath!
The ECM is located on the driver's side, under the hood on a 2003 Pontiac Montana. It is on the driver's inner fender.
sorry i cant answer that ? but just curious I have a 2003 Pontiac grand am se and the front brakes have to be replaced about every 7 months, are you haviing any problem like that with your car?
they are located in the exhaust system Where ? how many 02 sensors on a 2003 Pontiac Montana
Normally $160.00 - $200.00 depending upon how badly worn they are could go upwards from there. Happy Motoring!!
The 2003 Pontiac Montana EGR valve is located on the firewall. The valve will be on the driver side of the firewall.
Under the steering wheel
The spare tire on a 2003 Pontiac Montana is under the vehicle behind the back bumper. It is lowered from the inside using the lug wrench on the tire iron.
The engine fan on a 2003 Pontiac Montana works by turning on when the engine reaches a certain temperature. It then blows cool air across the radiator and engine to maintain a constant temperature.
The 2003 Pontiac Montana air conditioning compressor condensation drain begins on the bottom of the air conditioner compressor. The drain goes from the compressor to the bottom of the engine compartment.
Look in the glove box there is a black door open it and its there
Push the "mode" button that is on the console to the right of the drivers head , until the kph changes to mph
I have a 2003 Montana and to turn off the Change Oil message I have to press the trip meter button until the percentage displays. When it displays keep the button depressed until it resets to 100%.
where is the fuel filter located on a 2003 Pontiac sunfire
How do you change the windshield washer pump on a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am
The tire locking nut on a 2003 Pontiac Montana is removed by using a special tool located in the truck of the vehicle. It meshes with the locking nut which allows it to be easily removed.
Check front end for play.
how to change brakes on a 2003 dyna wide glide.
When the change oil indicator lights up.
go to following link you will get the answer: http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-replace-brakes-2003-f150/
how to change front and rear brakes on a 2003 ford mustang V-6
mine (2003) gets about 21-25 depending on travel