Drum Brake Hardware Replacement
Tools Required: J 38400 Brake Shoe Spanner and Spring Remover
1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
2. Remove the rear wheel and tire.
3. Remove the brake drum.
4. Disengage the adjuster spring hook end from the tab on the adjuster actuator.
5. Remove the straight end of the adjuster spring from the brake shoe.
6. Use J 38400 to remove the universal spring from the brake shoes.
7. Remove the star adjuster.
8. Remove the park brake actuator lever and wave washer from the brake shoe.
9. Clean all of the drum brake system components with denatured alcohol or equivalent.
10. Inspect all of the drum brake system components.
1. Install the park brake actuator lever and wave washer to the brake shoe.
2. Position the hooking center spring section of the universal spring under the tab on the anchor.
3. Install the brake shoe. Position the shoe onto the backing plate.
4. Position the brake shoes and install the universal spring using J 38400 .
5. Use the J 38400 in order to pull up the end of the universal spring, resting the spring on the web of the brake shoe.
6. Use the J 38400 in order to pull the end of the universal spring over until the spring snaps into the slot in the brake shoe.
7. Lube the threads of the star adjuster and Install the star adjuster assembly.
8. Install the straight end of the adjuster spring to the brake shoe.
9. Install the adjuster spring hook end to the tab on the adjuster actuator.
10. Adjust the drum brakes. Refer to Drum Brake Adjustment.
11. Install the brake drum. Refer to Brake Drum Replacement.
12. Install the rear wheel and tire. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation in Tires and Wheels.
13. Lower the vehicle and drive it away.
How do you get 1000000 robux for free?
Give me food and I will live give me water and I will die what am I?
A teacher walks into the Classroom and says If only Yesterday was Tomorrow Today would have been a Saturday Which Day did the Teacher make this Statement?
How do you spell water with 3 letters?
Are Danny Devito and Joe Devito related?
WHAT IS THE EXPECTATION ON THE SUBJECT NSTP AND TO THE INSTRUCTOR AND CLASSMATE?
Why do you think planners and designers of curriculum include the subject humanities in your chosen field of study?
What patterns are involved in multiplying algebraic expressions?
What are the advantages of using a two-way chart?
Bakit hindi kasama sa pinagpilian si andres bonifacio bilang bayani?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.