To remove the battery in a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix.
My car is a 1992 Grand Prix GTP 3.4L 5 speed.
1. Loosen the four screws that hold down the top of the air filter box. 2. Loosen the clamp that attaches the air filter box to the intake hose. 3. Disconnect the air sensor connector from the top of the air filter box. Note: Secure the connector wire, it tends to drop down and more than once I have had to remove the air filter box to retrieve it. 4. Remove the top part of the air filter box. You may need to twist it to get it to release from the rubber air inlet Hose.
5. Remove the two bolts holding the bottom of the air filter box. 6. Remove the bottom part of the air filter box.
7. Disconnect the negative then the positive battery cables.
8. Remove the three bolts that hold the brace that goes over the Windshield washer tank. 9. Remove the brace.
10. Remove the Battery hold down clamp at the base of the battery.
11. Remove the two nuts that hold the fuse box to the fender well. 12. Remove the two fasteners from the front of the widshield washer tank. 13. Rotate the windshield washer tank away from the battery. You may need to move the tank and lift the fuse box to get the tank clear of the battery. 14 Remove the battery.
To Install reverse the steps.
Time: 5 to 10 Minutes
Tools needed: a flathead screwdriver, 5/16 inch socket (battery posts) 1/2inch socket, socket wrench with an extension (needed to access the bolts on the bottom of the air filter box).
Note: It may be possible to remove the air filter box in one piece (skip step 1).
Note. Removing the air filter box allows easy access to the 5 speed manual Dipstick.
how to chang spark plugs in a 1992 Pontiac grand prix
Yes, a 1992 Pontiac Grand Am does have a timing belt. Diagrams can be found of them on the internet with a simple search.Ê
When I first realized I had to change the water pump in my Grand Am it looked pretty daunting and I wasn
This is a big job get a manual on your car from the parts store and it will give you tHe propeR steps to change it.
in the tank
1992 Pontiac grand am ac relay locationi found the relays. they are in the center of the firewall next to the blower case. they are in a case with cover that is bolted to the firewall.
Remove the battery cable for 5 minutes. It will come right back on, unless you repair the problem that tripped the light in the first place.
You must loosen the top motor mount and tilt the engine forward.
usually in alternator
There was more than one size used on the 1992 Pontiac Grand Am depending on which model it was GT, etc. It should be listed on the drivers door post. If not click the link I will post.
yes it should bolt right up as well as the original motor and tranny
To answer this i will need to know whatsize engine you have.
No. From 1992 to 2008 (final model year), the Pontiac Grand Prix was a front-wheel drive vehicle. Prior to 1992, the Grand Prix was rear-wheel drive. The Grand Prix was never an all-wheel drive vehicle.
Yes It would if its 2.3L engine size. Also, fits Oldsmobile Achieva of same year. Thanks
There isn't one.
In the Fuel tank
coolant levels or the thermostat
1992 Pontiac Grand Prix
What does a small warng light "1 P" indicate?
Under hood, passenger side, and under coolant reservoir
should be under the driver side dash