Assuming the XE model has the same tail light assembly as the SE, here is the process:
(Note: A bedliner if installed, may hamper this process by covering one or both of the screws mentioned below.)
1. Lower the tailgate and you'll see two hex-head (1/2 as I recall) screws (with nylon washer attached) on the vertical part of the bed immediately inside the tailgate. (Two each side, right and left).
2. Remove the two screws. The light assembly is now held in place along the outer edge by two snap-lock type studs. Carefully pull the assembly (it's all one piece) straight backward to dislodge the studs on the assembly from the spring-loaded snap-locks attached to the truck bed.
(Note: It may take some effort as the snap-locks on the light assemblies seem to hold very firmly. Using a thin, wide bladed instrument to help pry the light free might be necessary. But be careful not to over do it, as you can easily crack the lens or the molded trim around the lens)
3. Once out, you'll find 3 bulbs. The top bulb is the tail-light and brake light combination and takes a bulb (3356 I think) with two filaments. The middle bulb is an amber, single filament bulb for the turn indicator - and finally, the lower bulb is a single filament bulb for the reverse lights.
4. Remove the bad bulb by carefully turning the bulb holder about a 1/4 turn and pulling the holder and bulb out of the light assembly.
5. Install the new bulb, replace the holder by reversing the steps in #4 above.
6. Replace the light assembly by aligning it with the opening in the truck body, making sure the two studs on the assembly are aligned with the snap-locks. Firmly press the assembly into place until the snap-locks engage.
7. Check for proper fit and alignment, and replace the two hex-head screws. Make sure the original washer is attached to prevent water leaking into the tail light assembly.
Sounds more complicated than it is...should take you not more than 10 minutes or so.
remove the 2 screws from inside the bed(if you have a bedliner you may have to pull up on the bedliner to see them) once you have those out, it should just pop out, and the lights unscrew from the back of the assembly
how do you change the tail lights on a 1996 Nissan pick up?
On previous versions at least, this was a common Q on Nissan trucks! There are 2 bolts on the inside of the bed, (behind the light assembly), which means you may have to go under your bed liner if you have one. Sort of a pain! The entire assembly will pull out.
u un screw the light bulb and put in a new 1 god i mean how many retards does it take to change a light bulb
After examining the difference between model years , it appears the only difference in the break light assembly is the style of wire harness. All other parts of the rear light assembly are identical between model years. You may view the differences here.http://www.courtesyparts.com/frontier-parts-d22u-1998-2004/genuine-nissan-parts/body-electrical/265-rear-combination-lamp/-c-2129_2130_2168_2180.html-John Bagnal
There is another fuse box under the hood and next to the battery. This fuse controls the horn, dashboard lights, and the tail lights.
You can access the Nissan taillights from the cargo compartment. Remove the tail light assembly cover. Remove the tail light wiring harness. Remove the tail light assembly retaining bolts.
theirs not 1
I just had this problem on my 98 Frontier because the brake lights were staying on. I had to replace the brake light switch and the brake light button for it to go out.
Lower tailgate and locate 2 bolts on the corner post. On the 99-02, they are 10mm. Remove the bolts and the whole taillight assembly comes out. The bulb holders are twist lock style, so twist holder CCW about 30 degrees and pull it out. Replace lamp with the correct number. Reinstall and test.
check for blown light bulbs ,then check for broken wire at lights
To replace the taillights on a 2001 Nissan front first prop the hatch open. Locate the rear lights plastic housing and remove them to find the bulbs. Replace the bulbs.
How to change dashboard lights in primera 1999?
the same u do on a normal car by zaid
Remove the two bolts that hold the whole trim assembly together. Remove the outer trim and turn signal and then the marker lights to change them.
Check fuse under the hood of your truck (engine compartment), NOT under the dash.
To the left of the steering wheel on the dash is a switch that says cab light. Near that will be either a blank filler piece or if your Frontier is equiped with fog lights the fog light switch will be there.
After checking the fuses in the cab, as well as under the hood. Look for any worn or broken wiring. In the Engine compartment.
How do you replace the dash lights on a 2004 Nissan Quest
The 1998 Nissan Frontier is wired so one bulb indicates braking and parking light use. This is accomplished with a double-fliament bulb. The inherent advantage/flaw in this design is that one filament can blow while the other remains functional. This can be confusing when attempting to isolate and replace the defective bulb.
If you cut the wire from the light switch to the frount running lights (single use light) you can then hook a new wire from a keyed power source (check manuel) and the running lights will come on every time you start the truck. costs $Priceless
The brake lights on a 1998 Mercury Sable are changed by removing the retaining screws, pulling the light assembly away from the vehicle, and removing the bulb. A new bulb can then be installed and the assembly put back in place.
If your truck has a bedliner....its behind it. It took our mechanic 45 minutes to figure it out.
remove the 2 screws inside the bed next to the tail lights and pry the lense off. it pops right back in the same way.