1997 Chevy Astro van.
0. make sure gas is almost empty, easy to handle.
1. remove gas fill tube, 2 screws at cas cap and 1 bolt at frame.
2. loosen 2 strap bolts, have floor jack with 1"X 6" board atop it ready under tank to support lowering about 6 inches from ground.
3. remove 2 wire plugs, one may need to be replaced, new one in box with fuel pump.
4. remove fuel line, 2 have internal clamps, toss and get new ones, two different sizes. old will not work.
5. lift tank off hanger that are towards passenger side, lower with jack.
6. pull out from under truck. leave in plastic protection pan.
7. remove pump , screw driver on snap ring, sides straight up.
8. install new one, remember o-ring :-)
9 reveres process.
The fuel pump is in the fuel tank.
in the fuel tank
It is inside the fuel tank.
in the tank
You must drop the fuel tank.
fuel pumps whine when they are going bad
Bad news-its in the fuel tank A.M.
Mounted on top and inside the fuel tank.
the pump is in side the fule tank drop tank replace pump get a astro van manual
the fuel pump is in the fuel tank--which is located about half way back on the drivers side...
How do you change the fuel pump on a 2003 Chevy Malibu?
How is the easiest way to change a fuel pump on my k1500 Chevy pickup
The fuel pump relay allows the pump to be turned on and off. On a 1986 Chevy Astro van, the fuel pump relay is located under the hood and directly in front of the passenger seat, to the right of the A/C clutch control relay.
Can you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the key on? How old is your fuel filter? Check these and we'll go from there.
How do you change a fuel pump on 94 Chevy caprice ls
*With Fuel Injection: **Inside the fuel tank *Without Fuel Injection
if you are refering to the sensor for the fuel gauge, it is in the fuel tank with the fuel pump.
1992 Chevy astro 4.3L v6 how do you change the cmfi fuel pnmp relay that is some where under the dashboard i cant find it, can you help,
drop the fuel tank and it's inside. remove the retainer on top then pull out the pump from the fuel tank
how to change a fuel pump in a 1998 Chevy Corvette
The exact location of the Chevy Astro Van fuel injection pump fuse is dependent upon the year of the vehicle. The fuel injection pump fuse will be in the fuse box. The location of the fuse will be listed on the inside cover of the fuse box.
it is in the fuel tank
wrong fuel pressure, didn't purge the line or the fuse is blown. not a OEM fuel pump?