If your talking about the Neutral Start (Starter Safety)
1. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery. Caution: On models equipped with the Theftlock audio system, be sure the lockout feature is turned off before performing any procedure which requires disconnecting the battery.(This switch is also referred to as the PNP (Park-Neutral Position) switch.
2. Shift the transaxle into Neutral.
3. Raise the vehicle and support it securely on jackstands.
4. Trace the wire harness from the Neutral start switch to the connector and unplug it. Detach the wire harness from the two retention clips.
5. Lower the vehicle.
6. Disconnect the electrical and vacuum connectors from the cruise control servo if equipped. Remove the servo and set it out of the way on the cowl.
7. Remove the nut and detach the shift lever from the transaxle.
8. Remove the bolts and detach the switch. If the original switch is to be reinstalled, scribe a sharp line on the switch mounting bracket around the heads of the mounting bolts before the switch is removed. This will aid in position the switch on installation.
9. To install the switch, line up the flats on the shift shaft with the flats in the switch and lower the switch onto the shaft.
10. Install the bolts. If the switch is new and the shaft hasn't been moved, tighten the bolts. If the switch requires adjustment leave the bolts loose and follow the adjustment procedures below...
11. Line up the outer notch on the switch with the inner notch on the shift shaft and tighten the switch bolts.
12. Connect the negative battery cable and verify that the engine witll start only in Neutral or Park.
where is a neutral safety switch located on a jeep grand Cherokee
The neutral safety switch on a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee is inside the transmission on the valve body.
it is in the transmission
the neutral safty switch is located in the trans range switch if you have an aw4 auto trans replace or clean and reinstall the switch
It only allows starting in park and neutral and it turns on the reverse lights.
neutral safety switch is out
It is on the valve body inside the transmission.
this is a GT with floor shift and 3800 engine
find the conector(s) and jump it. also try starting your vehicle in neutral.
Inside the trans, on the valve body. It is called a TRS.
Check the neutral safety switch on the shifter. If you place the shifter into neutral or push the shifter harder into the park position, this may change the switch position to allow it to start. There is a recall on the grand Cherokees for this switch.AnswerIgnition switch or starter.
It is inside the transmission, on the valve body. It is called a range sensor.